Chapter 11

"Can you please sit down?" I asked Paul as he stood behind the President's desk. "You already got me in enough trouble."

"And I'm sorry about that." Paul extended out his hand and placed his other hand over his heart. "I didn't know it'd end up like this."

"Well it did, so don't twist the knife in any further." I told him, but he was already sitting down in the President's seat. "Are you deaf?"

"Are you uptight?" Paul asked me. I pierced my lips together. "That's a yes."

Paul swiveled the leather chair forward as he leaned over on the desk. "Something else on you is right too."

"Must you always be so crude?" I asked him with a risen brow. I didn't want to tell him this, if I loved it. I loved every second of it, however I couldn't say that of course.

"You were laughing at it in the classroom." Pail reminded me, and I squinted at him.

"And now here I am in trouble with you." I told him. He got out of the seat, walked in front of me and stood there. He looked down, and his hand cupped around my jaw. Then, it moved down around to wrap loosely around my neck.

"You know what, Liz?" Paul asked as I looked up at him. My eyes flicked down to what was in front of me, and that was the bulge in his pants. "I love it when you get upset like that."

"Well I don't, stop giving me a reason to be upset." I answered. He leaned down and kissed me while I sat in my chair. I stretched my legs out as he kissed me, his hand was still caressing my neck.

He stood up, and rubbed his fingers down my neck to my collar bone. "There's a reason to be happy."

We heard footsteps and Paul stuffed his hands into his pockets. The door opened, and President Peter walked back in.

"Welcome back, Pete." Paul said with a smile. Pete shot him a glare, then began walking to his desk.

"I hope you weren't touching anything, Mr. Newman." He said as he stood behind his desk. "And you most definitely were."

"I was reorganizing for you." Paul furrowed his eyebrows as he took a seat in the chair next to me once again.

The President sat down, and folded his hands on the desk. "Ms. Campbell, after a chat with my wife I revisited the class room to ask exactly what went on. After a thorough survey, I came to the conclusion you are not a perpetrator in this."

I sighed out of relief. "President Peter, I couldn't thank you enough."

"No need to thank me, thank your honest classmates." He smiled. Then, his smile faded as he looked to Paul. "So honest, that they told me you were the main disturbance in the classroom."

I looked over at Paul as he sat there with a straight face. What the President was saying wasn't phasing him at all, he took it as if all this were normal.

"Ms. Campbell, you are dismissed. I apologize for the trouble." The President told me.

"Thank you." I nodded then stood up and exited the office.

I attended the rest of my classes, and as I was walking between buildings I was approached by someone.

"Are you Elizabeth Campbell?" A girl with a high ponytail asked.

"That's me." I told her.

"Hi, I'm Sally Doolittle." She smiled as she shook my hand. "I heard that you and Paul Newman were in quite the show today."

I blankly stared at her, shocked that the news spread around campus so clearly.

"Well, it did happen, didn't it?" She asked and I blinked.