Chapter 38

"I'm sorry for what happened back there, Liz." Paul apologized once again. "I just need to keep this up..."

"And then what? You're going to keep on living off of her money?" I scoffed. "Paul, do you think that's right?"

"It's right for now. It's what I need for now. I'm not actually marrying this girl, I just need something to hold me over at the moment." Paul said as he stepped next to Marlon to speak to me.

Now both guys were in front of me, each leaning toward a certain side of me. I felt like they were blocking me into that wall, both two totally different guys but all with one thing in common.

Me.

"You know what, Paul? Why don't you let Liz go. Let her live her life the way a young graduate should." Marlon suggested with a smirk as he looked me up and down.

Marlon had a way with his hands. He could touch you in the most practical way and it'd feel like he was having sex with you on the spot. He held up his finger and brushed it along my collarbone.

I sucked in a breath as Marlon stared in my eyes, he finally spoke. "I never went to normal college but I can tell you were quite the girl there."

"And why would you guess that?" I asked, crossing my arms. Both Paul and Marlon were so close, as I lifted my arms to cross them over my chest I brushed against them.

"Cause you have that sweetness to you. I can tell you were into your studies, as you should have been. You were a good girl, but you got into some trouble." Marlon grinned as he swiped his thumb along my chin. "There's something about you that tells me there's more to find out."

"Haven't you found out enough about me? You've fucked me." I blatantly said with a risen eyebrow.

"There's some more layers to you, kitten. And I'm gonna find 'em out." Marlon slowly brushed his hand on my cheek.

I was in some kind of captivating trance, looking into his honey brown eyes that had the sparkle from the nearby street lights. His beauty marked pair of lips parted as he continued to caress my cheek in the most dangerous way.

"Alright, Marlon, lay off of her. She's my girl." Paul said as he gave Marlon a playful shove. "There's nothing else to find out. I let you join the fun once, now back off."

"You know what, Newman?" Marlon rose a brow at Paul. "You're real full of shit when you have a fiancé downstairs for you."

Paul gave Marlon a serious look, I felt tension building between them. I wanted to avoid a fight.

"Paul Newman, what has this goddamn city done to you?" I diverted the situation.

"Made me harder, which is exactly what I need. I was too soft before, I had no jive. Now I'm up with it, I can be who the world wants me to be." Paul lifted his fist in the air.

"And why would you want to be who the world wants you to be?" I cupped my hand around his fist and slowly lowered it back to his side. "Why can't you be the young man I met at Kenyon?"

"I'll figure this out, Liz. Just hang tight." Paul placed both of his hands on my cheeks and left a long kiss on my lips.

He looked to Marlon who stared at both of us with a grin, an obvious lustful facial expression. "Why don't you guys do that one more time?"

Paul rolled his eyes then playfully shoved Marlon. Then, he returned back inside to Essie.

"You ready to get out of this place?" Marlon asked, lighting another cigarette. "It's a fucking bore after dark."

I thought for a moment, knowing Paul wouldn't want me to get so involved with Marlon. But still, I agreed to leave with him.

"Sure, lets head out." I smiled. Marlon straightened his jacket and extended his arm. I looped my arm around his and we walked off together.

He ended up leading me to a club that was on the other side of town. People were swing dancing their tush off and having a good old time. Marlon was probably the only white boy in there.

"You ready to groove, Liz?" Marlon asked as he stood up from his bar seat and held out his hand. "I've got some moves on me."

"Do you?" I looked down at the hand extended toward me. I contemplated whether or not I should accept it. Something told me if I did something as simple as dancing with him, I'd never go back.

"Come on, I don't bite but I do spank." Marlon joked with a charismatic grin. "The choice is yours."

I placed my hand in his and he dragged me out to the floor.

Both of our feet moved quickly to the jazz music booming in the air. At that time, it was a live band playing all the music you needed. The crowd was amazed by us, some wondered where Marlon learned to move like that.

The regulars present already knew exactly who Marlon was. It was definitely a night to remember, being swayed in Marlon Brando's arms.

"Alright, baby, let me show you something that really gets me going." Marlon said excitedly over the music. I looked around, expecting some girl to pop up and appear in front of us.

He walked to the band and I watched his full lips move as he gave instructions. Then, he got up on the stage and joined them as they welcomed him up.

"You can sing!?" I assumed as I walked over to the stage. Marlon gave me a glare with furrowed eyebrows, it was like I made an accusation.

"Just watch." Marlon told me with a wink. He sat in front of two bongo drums, then began drumming along with the band.

I smiled and watched as the crowd went even more wild. Marlon feverishly banged on the drums expertly. It was a part of Marlon I'd never seen before, something he worked towards.

 It was a part of Marlon I'd never seen before, something he worked towards

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Afterwards, Marlon stood up and took a bow on the stage. I was shocked to see that the crowd cheered and called out his name. Then, he hopped off the platform and walked directly in front of me.

The stage light shined off on to his back, almost creating a halo effect. His sex appeal was at an all time high at this moment. He wore a grin as he grinned down at me.

"Why don't we go to that photo booth and take some snapshots?" Marlon motioned across the room with his chin. I looked over to the photo booth in a secluded corner of the club.

Taking his hand, he lead me through the crowd and we both stuffed inside of the photo booth. My breathing heightened once we were in that small space. We stood chest to chest while it suddenly began getting hot inside.

Marlon sat down and looked up at me with a smirk. My cheeks got warm as I tried to read Marlon, but he was unable to truly be understood. Did he really bring me in here to take photos?