Chapter Five

(Isabella's POV)

I couldn't hold back my smile as I looked at my phone. It's been four days since I went out with Nikolay and we text everyday. We talk about anything and everything.

Sometimes if we don't have anything to say or talk about, we just send each other wacky pictures with filters on them or memes.

"Are you getting ready, Isabella?" Grandpa asked knocking on my door.

"Yes. I'll be done in a bit."

"We don't want to be late."

"I know."

Nikolay asked me go out with again tonight but my grandpa had informed me that we were attending some stupid dinner party thing. I think it's dumb but it does give me a reason to dress up.

I wore a red dress and gold heels paired with a gold clutch person and jewelry. My hair was curled and pinned up and my makeup was perfection.

 My hair was curled and pinned up and my makeup was perfection

I grabbed my shoes and went down to the living room.

"I'm ready." I said.

"You look beautiful." Maxim said and grandpa nodded in agreement. Aleksei just stood there and stared at me.

"Thanks."

We drove a hour to reach our destination and I was kind of nervous. Grandpa informed me that most of the people there would be men and women belonging to the other families.

I then secretly asked Aleksei if that meant that the Vasiliev family would be there. He said yes.

I got more nervous.

"Иван, рад тебя видеть. Это должна быть ваша прекрасная внучка." A man said as we walked up the steps to the front doors.
(Ivan, good to see you. This must be your beautiful granddaughter.)

"Да она."
(Yes, she is.)

"Рад тебя видеть." I smiled kindly.
(Nice to meet you.)

"И вам того же." The man smiled back.
(You as well.)

We walked inside where a lot more people were. People were dancing, eating, and talking.

We found the table with our names on it and took a seat. For the first hour or so, we just sat there. People came up and introduced themselves to me.

Maxim said that they all just wanted to meet someone who shared the same blood as Il Diavolo. Said it was safer than actually meeting him or meeting my mother. I laughed because they weren't wrong.

I was standing between Maxim and my grandpa when someone said something behind us. It a very familiar voice.

"Ivan, it's been a while."