Chapter Eight

A/N:

For those wish to know when I update and if there is a schedule, go back and read the authors note at very beginning of book.

-B.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Isabella's POV)

I waited until I knew that grandpa was gone before I went to talk to Maxim.

The weekend is two days away and I have yet to find a plan to go with Nikolay for a few days. I was going to just try it on my own but I really need Maxim's help.

"Hey." I smiled sitting down beside him.

"What do you want?"

"How do you know I want something?"

He just gave me a look and I sighed.

"Nikolay asked me to go away with him this weekend and I obviously need your help."

"It must be your lucky day." He grinned.

"What? Why?"

"It happens to be my turn to make the weekend trip to check on business."

"Trip where?"

"Doesn't matter. You'll be with your boyfriend."

"You'll tell grandpa that you're taking me with you? What about Aleksei?"

"I'll figure that out later."

I gave him the biggest hug and thanked him before running back up to my room. I was about to call Nikolay when mom called me.

"Hi, mom."

"Hi, Sweetie. How are you?"

"Good. You?"

"Good. How's Russia?"

"It's wonderful."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah."

"What's his name?"

"What?"

"I heard it in your voice. Who is he?"

"I met him the first full day I was here. Grandpa doesn't know. Uncle Maxim does."

"And why is that?"

I sighed. "You can't tell dad. He'll kill him. Like seriously kill him."

"I promise I won't tell."

"You heard of this war between our family and another family here in Russia?"

"It's Nikolay, isn't it?"

"How do you know his name?"

"He came to New York one day and attended an event with his father, Yevgeni, that your father and I went to. He is very handsome. A few years older than you but that's alright."

"Our families hate each other, mom."

"The end of this war is way past overdue."

"Dad is going to flip his lid. He'll kill him when he finds out."

Mom let out a sigh. "This was going to be a surprise but I'm going to tell you so you'll have time to think and plan. Your father and I are coming to visit you in two weeks."

"You're both coming here?"

"Yes. We were going to surprise you."

"How long are you staying?"