Chapter Twenty-Four

(Isa's POV)

"How....How do you know?" I asked dad.

"Well first, I have an incredibly high IQ. And second, your mother was pregnant twice so I know the look."

"The look?" Nik asked.

"The whole glowing crap people say pregnant women have."

"McCall said I'm only a few weeks along." I said.

"McCall knows? And he didn't tell me?" Dad asked.

"I asked him not too. I wanted to tell you all. Are you angry?"

His hand that rested on his gun twitched as he looked from me to Nik. It took him a little bit before he shook his head.

"Not angry at you, Isabella."

"At Nik?" I asked, leaning back against Nik. He wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his hands on my stomach.

"Slightly."

"Will mom be angry?"

Dad scoffed. "Your mother will be ecstatic to have another grandkid."

"Where is she?"

"On her way here with Stefano and your brothers."

"How long we staying here?"

"Until it's done."

I nodded.

I knew what he meant. I didn't ask anymore questions.

"We'll talk when I get back." Nik whispered in my ear.

"Okay." I nodded.

Ten minutes after they left another car pulled up. Mom rushed in and practically hugged me to death.

"My baby girl!" She exclaimed. "Are you okay? Are you injured? Do I need to call the doctor?"

"I'm fine, mom. McCall already checked me over." I said.

"Don't forget to tell them that you're pregnant." Uncle Phoenix said.

Mom's eyes grew wide and then she squealed.

"You're pregnant?! I'm going to be a grandma again? Oh, I'm so excited!" She exclaimed, but then she froze. "Does your father know?"

"He does."

"Poor Nikolay." She sighed.

"Dad gonna shoot him?"

"Who knows." Mom shrugged. "You can never tell with him. He's a bit....unstable."

"A bit? Yeah f*cking right." Phoenix laughed.

It was only then that Uncle Phoenix noticed that Uncle Stefano was staring at him and he didn't look very happy.

"You gonna shoot him?" Valentine asked Stefano with a slight smirk.

He shrugged. "Who knows."

~~~~~~~~~
(Nik's POV)

The car ride was silent.

"You going to shoot me?"

"For what? Getting my eighteen year-old daughter pregnant?" He asked. "Do you love her?"

"More than anything. She's.....she's my queen." I said and I could've sworn he smiled for half a second.

"You going to marry her?"

"If she'll have me."

"Protect her? Protect your child?"

"Even if it costs me my life, I'll do it. I'll protect them both."

"Then no, I won't shoot you,"

I let out a sigh of relief.

"Not today anyway. Maybe another day." He finished.

We went to the store and bought all that we needed before we headed to my house. His men were standing outside waiting for us.

We walked down to the basement where they had him tied to a chair. I chuckled when I saw that they'd patched him up as best they could. It looked like some old t-shirts and duct tape.

"Hello brother." He smirked when he saw me.

I clenched my jaw and balled my hands into fists.

"I'm sorry about your girl. I didn't know the place was going to blow."

I looked at Vince in confusion. Aleksei didn't seem to know that Isabella made it out of the house or that Phoenix was the one to blow it up.

He then looked at Vince.

"Sorry about your daughter. She was a really beauty, just like her mother. Nice ass too."

I had to give Vince credit for his composure. I was half a second from shooting Aleksei in the head, but I didn't.

Aleksei kept rambling and I kept watching him and Vincenzo. Vince was staring at him with head cocked to the side.

"You're right handed, Aleksei." Vince said after a few minutes.

"Yeah, so what?"

Vince said nothing more as he walked over and picked up a pair of black gloves. He slid them on slowly as Aleksei watched.

"L-Listen man. I.....I didn't kill your daughter? It was an accident." He started rambling as Vince picked up the blowtorch.

"You have a weak stomach?" Vince asked.

I realized he was asking me that question.

"Nope. I'm good."

"Your men?" He asked looking behind me.

Some of my men were standing against the far wall amongst Vince's men.

"They're good too."

"How about you? Weak stomach?" Vince asked Aleksei.

"P-Pretty strong. Why?"

"Heads or tails?" He asked pulling out a quarter and ignoring Aleksei's question.

I shrugged. "Tails."

He flipped the quarter and I caught it.

"Tails it is." I said.

"T-Tails? What does that mean?"

"That means we start from the bottom and work our way up." Vince said as he lit the blowtorch.

Pretty soon, the smell of burning flesh filled the room and all we could hear were the screams coming from Aleksei's mouth.