Chapter 2

Three years later

"Mom! Stop it!" I yelped as mom smoothed down my thick fur.

"Scarlet you need to look nice for your first day of school."

"Ugg! Do I have to go!"

"Yes. Your friends will be there."

"Fine," I pouted.

Mom walked me to school after breakfast. It was not a long way. We lived one street over from the school. The school was not very big and yet it was one of the largest in town. It had three rooms. Two classrooms and one lunchroom. I walked into my class. It was a pretty large room about the size of our whole house. There was a small chair like a piece of furniture in front of the room and four small rugs like thing on the ground in front of the chair.

In the chair sat a kind looking Australian shepherd. She had a light pink bow in her light blue merle fur. On the rugs sat five young pups. There seemed to be a line of popularity that run down the room separating the two groups. On one side, the popular side, sat two girls and one boy. On the other side sat a young girl french bulldog and Kade! I intently went to sit down by him only to be shoved out of the way by a white cloud.

"Ow! What the neck!" I yelped. There in my seat sat a fluffy white pampered pup. "That was my seat!" I growled.

"I don't see your name on it and I'm sure no one wants to sit with an ugly mutt like you," she said with an entitled diva attitude.

I was so shocked I just moved back and sat with the French bulldog. Kade looked back at me with a whimper. I'm sorry he mouthed.

"Sorry about her. She can be mean," the Frenchie whispered. "I'm Bella by the way."

"Oh! I'm Scarlet. How does she think she is anyway, acting like she owns the place?"

"Well, she kind of does. I mean her dad does at least."

"What! How is that so?"

"What! You really don't know who that is?!"

"No! Who is she?!" I questioned feeling very in the dark.

"That's Princess Lila."

"What!!" I barked louder than expected. The whole class turned to look at me causing my face to become very red.

"Haha look at her! So stupid!" Lila whispered to Kade loud enough for me to hear. He said something back but I couldn't make it out.

"Ok class quite down!" Our teacher said. "My name is Mrs. Elsie. I will be your teacher for the next few years. Today we are going to learn a little about each other." She stated with a smile. "I'll go first."

"My name is Elsie. I am an Australian Shepherd. I live with my husband and son Brock and I like to cook. Brock why don't you go next. Tell us your name and some interesting things about you then call on someone else."

"Fine. My name is Brock. That's my mom," he said pointing to the teacher. "I like to swim, I want to be a teacher when I grow up and... I live with my parents. Uh... Kaylee goes next."

"Uh... My name is Kaylee. I am a greyhound. I live in the palace with my mom. She is a servant and uh..." Kaylee said meekly. "I uh like to sew. Summer you go next."

I glanced at Kade only to see Lila laying on top of him and making googly eyes at him. I rolled my eyes and looked away.

"My name is summer! I'm a Belgian Malinois" She had the same tone as Lila. Great another one! I thought. "I live at the palace with my dad. He is the governor. I like to dance and go to balls. And did I mention my dad is a governor? Cause he is." She said with a smirk. "Your turn Lila."