This is It ✰

Aria's POV

Aria's POV

"Schneider, I'm going to the Alvarez's!" I yelled, heading for the door

"Wait! Did you take your medicine?" He asked, coming into the room

"Yes, I promise! Now can I go?" I asked, anxious to go see my friends.

Schneider was my parent's best friend in high school. When I was four, they passed away and I was sent to live with him.

I know. You're probably thinking "What the hell? Why didn't you go live with other relatives?" Well, to answer your question, my parents didn't have great relationships with their other family.

Although it was a little weird at first, it was the best situation I could've been put in to, and I love it.

"Yeah, yeah." He nodded, shooing me off

I slipped on my white converses and ran out the door, slamming it behind me.

I ran down the hallways, almost bumping into Penelope, and quickly noticing how many bags she was carrying, "Hey, Ms. Alvarez. Do you need some help with those bags?" 

"Yes, please." She sighed, handing me one

"Also, can you please try and get Alex off his computer? Elena said he's been on it all day." She asked as she unlocked the door, "Alex. Alex, help."

Alex, shameful to say also my best friend, just sat there and stared at his screen

"Real useful, isn't he?" I questioned, sarcastically

I took out a loaf of bread and threw it at his head, making him turn to look at us so Penelope could yell at him, "Papito, let's go! You know I have a bum shoulder."

He groaned, picked up one bag, then went right back to the couch with his computer. I set down the two bags I was carrying on the table, and walked over to the couch.

"Thank you. Next time I'll Skype you." Penelope joked due to her son's obvious lack of help

I looked over his shoulder, at his computer screen, to find he was looking at a pair of shoes, "Still looking for sneakers? You know, it's not that big of a deal." 

"As your best friend, I'm inclined to tell you that what you just said was stupid. Also, you wear the same shoes everyday, so... shh." Alex snapped, making me roll my eyes and slouch on the couch.

Alex's grandma, Lydia, pulled open the curtain that separates her room, dramatically, "We have a problem."

"Hey, Lydia." I greeted, laughing at the woman's theatrics

"Hello, little one. Have you been working on your Spanish?" She asked

"Trying. Gracias por enseñarme." I tried, attempting to show what I'd learned