Penny Pinching ✰

Aria's POV

Aria's POV

"Again, I'm so sorry to drag you out after practice." I said to Eric, as we approached the restaurant Lydia texted me to meet her at

Lydia had texted me forty times during practice, telling me there was an emergency at some restaurant. She requested I bring Eric, and it wasn't until we started walking that I realized it was an odd request.

"It's totally fine. Beats going home to an empty house." Eric laughed, "Who is Lydia, anyway?"

"She's my ex-boyfriend's grandma. Alex and I aren't dating anymore, but we're trying to be friends. Anyways, Lydia is the closest thing I have to a grandma, so if she needs me, I'm gonna be there." I explained, obviously confusing the poor boy

After thinking it over for a minute, he responded, "Oh, right. Alex is the one in my math class. He's nice to me, but I do find it kind of odd that you hang out with his grandma alone."

"Trust me, a lot of people do." I laughed, thanking him as he held open the restaurant door

I looked around the restaurant, attempting to find the crazy old woman. I heard Eric laugh from beside me, and followed his gaze to see Lydia frantically waving at us. She was sat at a large table with Penelope, Elena, Alex, and his new girlfriend.

"This is going to be fun." Eric laughed

"Oh, shut up." I groaned, dragging myself over to the table.

I awkwardly waved at everyone at the table, before bending down to Lydia's height. She was too busy smiling, flirtatiously, at Eric to notice me. I had to snap my fingers in front of her face to get her attention.

"Lydia! You said this was an emergency. I thought you broke a hip or something." I groaned

Her gaze turned to me, with an offended look, "Aria, my dear, have you ever known a young woman as myself to break a hip? I simply invited you because there just happened to be two open seats at the table."

"Mami, you asked for a bigger table. What's going on?" Penelope asked

"Don't be silly, Penelope. They've come so far, let them join us. I really want to get to know this cutie." Lydia laughed, patting the chair next to her for Eric to sit in

Eric looked at me and I shrugged, not understanding anything that was going on. We both took our seats, and everyone stared at Eric.

He awkwardly coughed, before waving at everyone, "Uh, I'm Eric. Aria's told me a lot about you guys. Didn't think this is how I'd meet her friends, though."

"I'm sorry for my mother, Eric. It's very nice to meet you." Penelope smiled

"Hi! I'm Nora." Alex's new girlfriend greeted from across the table, "Alex has told me a lot about you."