Not Yet ✰

Aria's POV

Aria's POV

All of us rushed into the hospital to meet Penelope. Penelope walked out of Lydia's room, where the sick older woman was laid, to hug her kids

"Hey, Pen, I got Lydia's stuff you asked for. Fuzzy afghan she likes, picture of the Pope, picture of a different Pope, picture of your dad, picture of the family, picture of her and Aria dancing, picture of me with the family by the waterfall. I'm just gonna keep talking cause I'm not good in crisis situations." Schneider sighed, holding a box of items.

I smiled when I heard that one of her favorites things was the picture of me and her dancing.

I remember that day. I remember how we laughed for hours as she tried to teach me to salsa and I tried to teach her ballet. She told me ballet was the only thing she wasn't good at, but knowing Lydia, she picked it up in about an hour.

"This isn't a crisis. Everybody, the surgery went well." Penelope assured, bringing me out of my thoughts, "It prevented a stroke. Now she's in a medically induced coma. We just have to wait for her to wake up."

"She's gonna wake up, right?" Alex asked, as I grabbed his hand and squeezed it comfortingly.

"Yes, of course. But you know this woman can't be rushed. My wedding started half an hour late because she needed to adjust her tiara. Yes, she wore a tiara to my wedding." Penelope smiled, trying to lighten the mood

Penelope turned to Elena, who was about to start crying, "No. up, up, up. There will be no crying. Your Abuelita hates everything about crying. Makes your eyes puffy, ruins your makeup, gives you mocos."

"She did once tell me tears are the pee pee of the face." Alex added, making me laugh lightly

"Good vibes only. Okay?" Penelope asked

Everyone nodded except Schneider, who handed Alex the box he was holding, "Yeah, I'm gonna go."

We all watched him walk down the hall of the hospital, before following Penelope into Lydia's room.

"Hey, Mami. Look who's here. Alex, put this on her. Elena, Papi on the nightstand, popes on the dresser, and Schneider by the waterfall...in hazardous waste." Penelope said, giving us all something to do.

"What's up?" A male nurse greeted, walking into the room

"Oh, hi, Nurse Wally." Penelope greeted nicely, before looking back at us and rolling her eyes

"These your kids?" He asked

"Oh, no. These are children I picked up outside, so I can show them what a coma looks like." Penelope commented, sarcastically

"Funny. Did you know your mom is also a nurse? I do. She told me, like, a hundred times." Nurse Wally groaned

"This is running low." Penelope said, pointing to the bag connected to the IV