Chapter 1

[Thought]

Slayers POV

I woke up to the sound of someone screaming and a loud explosion. I rubbed my eyes and saw that the room that I was in was dark with only a little bit of light.

Slayer: Where the hell am I?

I tried to move but something made of metal prevented me. I pushed it open and was able to get out. I turned around and saw that I some sort of metal capsule.

Slayer: What the hell is this? And why was I in there?

As my eyes adjusted, I saw that there was something written on it. I crouched down and wiped the dust off of it, and saw the name on it.

Slayer: Atlas Corporation? Why would-

A sudden rush of memories come back to me. I volunteered to be one of their test subjects. They wanted to see if they could put a humans mind and soul into a robot. As the flashback ended, I rolled up my right jacket sleeve and saw "SL4Y3R" written on my forearm.

Slayer: [That's right. I volunteered to for one of their projects to see if they could make humans live longer and if they could turn us into better soldiers. But, where am I? And why did they dump me here?]

I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard someone screaming from outside. I ran out of the cave and was greeted by the bright light. I saw that I was in the middle of the forest, but didn't know where.

???: RUBY GET OUT OF THERE!

I looked over and saw eight children one of which was caught by their cloak which was pinned down by a large feather that looked like it was from a Nevermore.

Ruby: I'M TRYING!

The child named Ruby was pulling on her cloak to get away as a Deathstalker moved towards her. I took off running towards her and the scorpion. I equipped my Shadow Core Armor and rammed into the Deathstalker knocking it ten feet back. I waited for it to get up and then rushed at it, climbing on its head, extended the hidden blade in my left arm, jumped and sliced off the stinger, then grabbed the stinger with my right hand, placed it on top of the Deathstalkers head, and smashed it all the way through its head killing it instantly. The Deathstalker went limb and slowly started to dissolve into smoke.

Slayer: [Good to know that I still have my armor from Atlas. I'll have to check if I still have my other weapons with me later.]

I retracted my hidden blade and walked back to the girl with her cloak still stuck. I pulled the feather out and helped her up.

???: Ruby! Are you alright?

Another girl ran past me and hugged Ruby.

Ruby: Yang, I'm fine thanks to him, or it. I'm not sure.

Yang: Well, thank you for saving my sister.

I nodded and started to walk away.

???: Hang on!

I stopped and looked at the girl who stomped towards me and glared at my visor. She hands me her scroll and crosses her arms.

Wiess: I am Wiess Schnee, and I demand to know why there is a soldier from Atlas here!

I look at the scroll and tossed it at her face.

Slayer: I don't take orders from you.

Weiss: How dare you! I demand respect!

Slayer: No. You want respect, and I'm not giving it to a girl who wears a tutu into battle.

She started to get angry at me.

Weiss: It's a battle skirt!

Slayer: And I'm not with Atlas. I'm on my own now.

Weiss: What do you mean by that?

I ignored her and was about to walk away until I heard something screech from above. I look up and see a Nevermore circling over head.

???: Guys, that thing is circling back!

Weiss: Well, we have what we came here for. Let's just go!

???: Run and live? That's an idea I can get behind.

I look at the kids who started to run except for one girl named Ruby.

Ruby: Come on! We have to go!

She was pulling my arm. I checked my inventory and saw that all of my weapons were still there. I shoved Ruby to the side a bit and equipped a seeking missile launcher on my right shoulder and locked onto the Nevermore.

Slayer: This is what you get for picking on little red riding hood!

I fired seven missiles at it. They hit the Nevermore in the chest and head, blowing it to bits. I unequipped the seeker missiles and teleported them back to my warp pack.

Ruby: Whoa!

???: That was soooo cool!

Shouted another girl in front of me.

???: How did you do that? Where did those weapons go? Did the-

???: NORA! Give him some space.

Nora: Okay Ren.

The now named Nora skipped to him happily.

Weiss: Who and what are you?

Slayer: Slayer, and it's classified. I'm leaving now.

As I was walking away, Ruby and Yang ran in front of me.

Ruby: Wait, where are you going?

Slayer: I need to get some answers, and I'm not going to get them by standing around.

???: Then why not talk to Professor Ozpin? He might be able to tell you what you want to know.

Yang: Yeah, good idea Blake!

I remember hearing about someone named Ozpin from the General before, and saying that he was the headmaster at Beacon Academy. I think I even got to meet him once or twice, but I can't remember.

Slayer: Ozpin? Then that means that you're all from Beacon Academy, right?

Nora: Yup! We sure are!

I looked down in silence and thought about it.

Slayer: [I must be near Beacon if they sent kids out into the forest to fight grimm. Even if I wasn't, who knows what Atlas will do to me once I get there.]

I looked at Ruby and Yang then nodded.

Slayer: Okay, lead the way.

And we all left and headed for Beacon Academy.

Ozpin's POV

A familiar looking boy in robot armor had appeared and destroyed all those grimms with ease.

Goodwitch: Professor Ozpin. What is that... thing?

Ozpin: That "thing" is a boy, Ms. Goodwitch, and he'll be a good allie to have.