Chapter 2

[Thought]

Slayer's POV

As we exited the Emerald Forest and walked towards the front of Beacon Academy. I saw a man with gray hair and holding a cane standing in front if the doors.

Ozpin: Welcome back students, it's good to see that you're all safe. I see you brought a guest with you.

Slayer: Are you Professor Ozpin?

Ozpin: Yes, I am.

Slayer: Good. I have a few questions for ya.

Ozpin: As do I, but would you mind waiting until after I'm done with announcing the teams for the new students.

I turned my head to look at the group that I was with for a few seconds, then looked back at Ozpin.

Slayer: Yeah, I can wait.

Ozpin: Good. Mrs. Goodwitch, will you take him to my office?

A blonde woman with glasses walked behind him and nodded.

Goodwitch: Of course, Professor Ozpin. Follow me, please.

I followed her into the school, took an elevator, and was shown to his office.

-Time skip-

Ozpin arrived and sat down at his desk while Goodwitch brought him a cup of coffee, and he took a sip from it.

Slayer: So, what do you want to know?

Ozpin: Let's start with something simple. Where did you come from?

Slayer: Atlas.

Ozpin: Can you show me your serial code?

I teleport the right arm of my armor into my warp pack and revealed to them a human arm with a black jacket sleeve. I pulled by my sleeve and showed Opzin the letters on my arm. He nodded and I put my sleeve back down and re-equipped the right arm of my armor back on.

Ozpin: If you don't mind, would you please take off your armor? It must be straining your battery, am I right?

Slayer: So, you do know who I am.

I unequipped my armor and looked at him with a smile.

Ozpin: Of course. I remember seeing you once when I went to Atlas for a meeting. You were always by the General's side when I was around.

Slayer: He did like me a lot, said "I was his pride and joy."

Ozpin: That he did.

My smile vanished and I looked him upset.

Slayer: Now I want to know why the General would throw away his "pride and joy"?

The atmosphere in the room got cold. Ozpin was surprised by my sudden change in attitude. He took another sip from his coffee.

Ozpin: Please, calm down. There's no need to get angry.

Slayer: I beg to differ.

I got closer to him.

Slayer: I gave up my human body to become one of Atlases test subject so I could make some money. They put my heart, mind, and soul into this body and have trained me for two years! I was one of the General's favorite test subjects! And then, the next day, I woke up inside of a capsule in a cave! Abandoned! So, you tell me Professor Ozpin, why I shouldn't be angry?

I had my hands on his desk and was looking at him straight into his eyes. He sips his coffee as Goodwitch is staring at me like if she was saying 'Back off or I will hurt you.' Ozpin sets down his cup and puts his hands together for his chin to rest on.

Ozpin: I understand how you feel. But, getting angry at me isn't going solve your problem, is it?

I took a deep breath and calmed down, then took a step back from his desk.

Slayer: You're right. Sorry about that.

Ozpin: It's alright.

He picks up his mug and takes a drink from it now that its cooled down.

Ozpin: I don't know exactly what happened, but apparently someone ordered for you to be put down and dismantled.

I was shocked.

Ozpin: But, before the order could be given, someone kidnapped while you were asleep and you went missing for 20 years. I'm guessing that they stashed you inside of the cave in Emerald Forest in order to protect you.

20 years? I was gone for 20 years? But, it feels like it was only yesterday. I slowly lowered my head in anger and gripped my fists. I was angry that I offer my body as an experiment to Atlas, became one of their best test subjects, then they turned me into one of their trophies, then they tried to kill me, and I was asleep for 20 whole years. I felt like I was being used by Atlas. And I hate, and I mean HATE, being used by anyone! I'm not some damn toy, or puppet, or trophy! I'm still human DAMNIT!!!... Well, mostly human. Guess since my heart, brain, and soul are in this mechanical body that I would actually be classified as a cyborg.

Slayer: 20 years.... Great... just great....

I sighed, loosened my grip, and looked a Ozpin.

Slayer: Thanks for the info, Professor Ozpin. I should be going now.

I turned around and walked towards the elevator.

Ozpin: Where are you going?

I stopped and turned my head to looked over my shoulders to look at him.

Slayer: Don't know. I don't have anywhere to go now. But, I doubt you want a failed ex-robotic soldier from Atlas sticking around here.

Ozpin: Actually, I do.

Slayer: What?

I turned around and looked at him surprised.

Ozpin: Your abilities and fighting skills are quite unique and different from all the soldiers at Atlas. You may be a robot, but you have emotions and a human soul that separates you from them.

Slayer: And a body made of metal, don't forget that.

He chuckles and smiles, then he gets out from behind his desk and walks towards me.

Ozpin: That's true. But still, I would be glad to have you goin Beacon Academy.

He says as he holds out his hand for me to shake. I slightly looked down and thought about it, then looked up at him with a serious look on my face.

Slayer: You do realize that if Atlas figures out that I'm alive and staying at Beacon that they may come here to do something bad to you, right?

Ozpin: Trust me, Mr. Slayer, that's the least of my worries.

I slightly looked down and started thinking again before looking back up at him.

Slayer: I'll agree, but only under two conditions.

Ozpin puts his hand down and looks at me with a confused but serious look.

Ozpin: And those would be?

Slayer: One, I get an extremely large room, one with a work bench, tools of all kinds, and a computer so I can repair my weapons and armor. And two, I'm the only one on my team, can pair me up with other teams, but no one joins mine unless you ask me first. Deal?

I held out my hand for him to shake.

Ozpin: Deal.

Ozpin shook my hand with a smile on his face. I was a little surprised that he wanted me to stay at Beacon and accepted my deal. But, I've heard from the students that I was with told me that he was a nice guy. Guess they were right.

Slayer: [I only hope that I'm not making a mistake.]