Chapter 7

[Thought]

-Slayer's POV-

I stormed out of the elevator and left the tower fumming over what happened there. I not only met my creator, but found out that he's my "father" who tried to have me killed, and he blames ME for not protecting my sister!?!? Of course I was fucking pissed off! I looked around Beacon and noticed that there were Atlas soldiers everywhere and I was getting more angry at seeing them, so I went to the schools garden to calm down for a bit before I my emotions got the better of me and I activate my semblance by accident. I REALLY don't want to have a repeat of what happened 20 years ago.

Once I got to the garden, I didn't see anyone here. No soldiers, no students, no one. The only things that I saw were beautiful plants, a small river, a small waterfall, and the sounds of the birds singing, and soft crying......

Slayer: [Wait. Crying?]

I walked and looked around and found Velvet crying. Her backwas facing towards me and she was sitting on a bench and seemed to be occupied with rubbing her rabbit ears while her free hand was wiping across her eyes every now and again.

Slayer: [Is she crying?]

I walked up behind her and tapped her on her shoulder, startling her as she jumped off the bench and turned around and saw me.

Velvet: Slayer, h-hi. What are you doing her?

Slayer: I came here to find to find some peace and quiet,. Mind if I sit with you?

Velvet: N-No, not at all.

We both sat down on the bench together and stared at the beauty of nature for a while in silence until I decided to ask her what's wrong, but I got a feeling that I know what it was.

Slayer: Are you okay?

Velvet: Everything's fine. Why would you ask?

Slayer: Because I hears you crying while holding your ears and wiping your eyes.

Velvet: That was just.... the wind making them water.

Slayer: You're lying.

Velvet: N-No I'm not.

Slayer: You don't hold your ears in pain while wiping tears and making crying noises, Velvet.

She looked at me shocked for a second before looking down at the ground. I looked at her rabbit ears and saw one of them was swollen.

Slayer: Here, lemme help you.

She looked at me confused as I raised my right hand to her swollen ear and focused my aura into it, making it glow red, and lightly touched her ear. She winched in pain a bit, but soon started to relax as the swelling went down. I removed my hand and smiled at her.

Slayer: How does it feel?

She rubbed the ear that was swollen was surprised that there wasn't anymore pain coming from it.

Velvet: H-How did you do that?

I chuckled.

Slayer: It's a trick I learned a few years ago when I was fighting. I can channel my aura into certain parts of my body by focusing and it can either deal more damage to my enemies or help heal someone faster.

Velvet: That's really cool. I never thought that was possible.

Slayer: It is, but it's risky to use since it will drain your aura faster. They use to teach it back at Atlas until they realized that it did more harm than good, so they stopped teaching it. But, I learned how to use it on my own without any help, and it's been useful ever since.