Chapter 5

[Thought]

-Slayer's POV-

I was panicking on the inside while I stood still like a statue in fear.

Ruby: Slayer...? Are you going to be okay?

I slowly backed up and sat down on my bed.

Slayer: No... I'm not.... My core is damaged, and I can't fix it.

I put my hands on my face.

Slayer: *Mumble* What am I going to do?

Ruby and Yang lifted the door back up and closed it, then came and sat down next to me.

Yang: Can't you buy a new one from Atlas?

I removed my hands from my face and looked down at my core.

Slayer: No, they don't sell them. Even if they did, they'd be expensive as hell. I could make one from scratch, but I doubt that it'll be any good since they're extremely hard to make.

We sat there thinking for a while when Ruby snapped her fingers.

Ruby: Oh! We could ask Professor Ozpin if he could have Atlas make you a new core.

Slayer: Won't work. They'll ask him why he needs a core for a robot and they might get suspicious.

We sat there thinking again for a while and no one was coming up with ideas. I put my hands together and gripped them.

Slayer: *Whisper* If only she was here, she could help....

Yang: She?

I looked at her in surprise. I forgot that they were in the room next to me. I shook my head and walked to my workbench and started to grab my tools to finish working on my armor.

Slayer: It's nothing. Forget about it.

Yang: Slayer, I heard you say, "If only she was here, she could help."

Ruby: Wait, you did? Well, if she can help, then we need to go to her immediately!

Slayer: You can't... no one can reach her...

I was starting to get irritated. They looked at me confused.

Yang: What do you mean?

My back was still facing towards them as I was working on the helmet of my armor. I stopped and sighed.

Slayer: She's dead.... And I don't want to talk about it.

I said and then went back to work.

Ruby: Oh.... Sorry for your loss.

I sighed.

Slayer: It's fine. It's just that.... *Sigh* Nevermind.

The room was silent for a few minutes went by and I was finally done with my armor. I pressed a on the helmet and all of the armor went inside of my warp pack.

Slayer: Armors done. Not that using it will be of any use.

I sighed looked down with a sad look on my face.

Yang: If you can repair and maintain your armor, how come you can't do the same for your core?

I turned around and looked at them.

Slayer: I can repair the core, but it's like trying to plug a leak that's underwater with only duck tape. Only reason why I can repair my armor and weapons is because they're simple compared to the core.

They looked down with sadness for a bit, then they looked at me.

Yang: So... how long until you... you know... kick the bucket?