5.

Arianna

Yesterday was a hell of a ride and I was drained. It was ten in the morning and I was still wrapped up in my blanket, listening to Vinny play with his toy in the living room. The humiliation Ricky dealt me was short-lived thanks to Michael. I know I shouldn't rely on a man to boost my confidence but I needed it. Michael was someone who knew me inside out.
The restraining order was probably being received by Ricky now at his office since he was still in questioning when I arrived and left the police station. Kenny allowed me to sit in on the questioning and the lies and delusional ranting that spewed from his mouth made me sick. Kenny and Michael became angry and was so close to break through the glass and finish him off.
I was glad he will be kept away from me but sometimes a piece of paper means nothing to obsessive stalkers. Mikey made sure to remind me of that. I had to reassure him that I will be fine. I've been taking self-defense and Muay Thai classes since I've been on my own. Not all foster families are like on the posters in the welfare offices.
Blinking away the tears, I refused to go back to that place. Today was my day off and I plan to just relax.
Before I can make it out of bed, the playful bark and the weight of his body on me, had me laughing in surprise. Doggy kisses all over my face as Vinny decided to be my alarm.

"Okay dude. I'm up. I'm up."

Scratching behind his ears and rubbing his body, Vinny and I got caught up in our own little world.

"Alright, today is our day bud. I'm talking shopping with uncle Stephen," I cooed. He barked and turned in a circle before barking again.

"I'm excited too. Let's get some breakfast then get going."

I made a big breakfast for myself and gave Vinny a little extra of his favorite treats. I don't know if it was sad or cute. Vinny and I enjoyed our morning sitting in front of the tv, eating breakfast and watching my recorded shows of Gumball. That show is so wasted on kids.

By the time we finished longing around it was midday. Choosing an outfit for the day was easy, it was all about comfort. My choice was a pale pink high waisted slacks, white crop top, a white low cut sneakers and a beige long waterfall coat. I opted to leave my hair loose, letting my natural curls be free.

Packing a bag, I got Vinny's white spiked harness and his water bottle then took a lot of pictures of both of us.

Yes, he is spoiled.

Most of my photos on IG are about Vinny, at times Gianni goes all photo war with his husky, Francis. It totally wasn't fair that he always showed me up but I love my pit bull.

"Shopping Time. Maybe we can get you a new collar or winter jacket. You know how cold the city gets but you need your exercise. Maybe we can go over to uncle Stephen and uncle Gianni's. I bet you will love to spend time with Francis and Horace." I babbled on and on with Vinny while locking up the apartment and down the elevator. I'm not mad, he actually answers with barks or grunts, whatever it is he answers.

We made our way to the mall where Stephen decided a good meet up. He cleared the evening for our outing which I missed. Usually, it's calls or video chats due to our busy schedule. Now that things are a bit easier inflow we got back out one and one time. I do spend time with Michael and Gianni which entail movie nights or going to some art show or museum.  Though I considered the guys my best friends, I sometimes want a female friend to get an angle on guys in general. The closest thing I have to that was Stephen. He was more in tune with his female side because of his two headstrong sisters. I've met them and created a good friendship with them but they are somewhere in the world with their careers. The time difference was a bitch.

The mall Stephen chose was dog friendly which meant he had Horace with him or both dogs. Finding a park was crazy but we were able to meet up with Stephen at a coffee shop on the first floor. He stood out in the crowd of casual dress with his navy blue business suit. Horace sat at his feet eyeing each person passing near them. I always joked about the dog's extreme protective stance. Vinny was the same but a bit more relaxed.
When he spotted me entering the seating area, I didn't miss the relief in his eyes. That's when I noticed the blonde sitting in front of him, talking a mile a minute in an outfit that made me wonder.