47.

Raizon

For the first time in years, a genuine smile was on my face as I spent time with my family. Laughter from stories being told in French, Greek, and English can be heard on the main terrace as we all sat on loungers, sipping on drinks and watching the little ones play in the gardens. My aunt, Raquel, my father's little sister was as beautiful as ever sitting beside her husband Keiran Maslev while she retold the story of how the two met to Sonrie, Stephen and Dana.

Meeting the new member of the family was a bit amusing. The first reaction I received from her was the dropping of her jaw and the drawn-out word of 'wow'. Apparently our dear brother told her the stories of past missions and takeovers along with how wealthy we all were. On second thought, I think it was my height and dominating presence. Arianna once told me that I had an Alpha male presence that women were attracted to and men feared. I was happy Dana was safe and healing exceptionally. It was the right thing to do in rescuing her from the monster she called father. If we didn't, Talon may have gotten to her before we can do anything about it. Pushing back thoughts of my now hog grub cousin, I brought my focus back to the present.

 My gaze reached each of my cousins and their spouses, perfect matches, father once commented. Each couple had at least two or three kids, making Aunt Racquel a proud grandmother. What was once confusion on my part when I witness my cousins smiling at their other halves with stars in their eyes, I now understood why they did so. They were always beside each other, sharing subtle touches or kisses even low conversations between themselves. I witnessed this numerous times with father and mother. Out of curiosity, I asked my father to explain his actions towards mother. He simply answered, ' The answer for that is diffferent for each man. For me, it's called fate and healing.'

I now understood what he meant. A vision of Arianna's smile filled my mind. I shuddered just thinking of her touch, the way her voice calms me. Her love is my guidance and completion of my heart. My other half. 

Other half.

 A wave of sadness washed over me as I turned my assessing gaze to the two women who help uphold the family. My aunt, Laron occupied a spot near my mother, the two were incredibly close, more like sisters without the 'in-law' addition to their titles. They both lost their other halves to greed and power but still stayed strong when they can easily leave and wallow in grief. It has been years since Uncle Rene was killed and Aunt Laron still lived alone in the house he built for her as a wedding gift. Earlier, I assured her she will still be family to us if she found love and happiness elsewhere. She refused to replace uncle, the same was for mother. No man can replace her husband. Understanding coated my mind, if my kitten leaves me to roam this world alone, I don't think any other woman can replace her. I just want them to be happy. 

"Raizon? Amoureux?"

"Yes, maman," I answered quickly. Looking around I didn't realize how deep in thought I was.

"We were asking you of Arianna's family. Gianni has told us of her brothers? She never mentioned them when she visited over the years," mother asked. Her blonde hair flowed past her shoulders as it blew in the wind, she was the epitome of grace. Not only by her beautifully aged face and petite body but by the kindness and love she showered on everyone. For her to speak of Arianna in such a motherly tone reminded me of just how distant I was with my family. The woman of my dreams was right under my nose but I was too deep in my own dark mind to notice.

"I believe she should be the one to explain the dynamics of it all when she arrives. One of them will be coming along with her and the other for the wedding. She had a very emotional time regarding her newfound family and what happened around all of us. Rest assured, I trust both men," I replied.