33.

Arianna

"The boss will be here in ten."

I gave the young man an absentminded nod, still pacing and biting my fingers. I've been doing this for the past fifteen minutes. The girls and I were patiently waiting for Dana to wake up. The poor girl fainted on us upon leaving her family home, it took everything in us not to go back and kill every one of them.

Jeez, Ari. Your bloodthirst is now beyond Ray's.

I groaned remembering how sexy he looked in his tactical gear and that cold expression on his face. His dominance and reputation of the infamous Mafia King were seen and felt. A shiver ran through my body just thinking of him.

Get a grip, girl.

Hearing the opening of the door to Dana's room, the girls quickly came to my sides and tried their best not to look intimidating. I mentally rolled my eyes. We were still in our gear with our guns and knives on our persons. We all watched on as the girl, warily stepped into the suite's sitting area, with her arms wrapped around her body. Her eyes showed fear, her body trembled as she forced herself to look brave.

"It's okay, sweetie. You're among friends now. Did Lionel tell you of us?" I asked.

The mentioning of Lionel gave us her attention. Her eyes widen in fear and worry, looking around frantically. "Where is he? He-He- didn't do anything. Where is he? Please tell me," she begged, rushing to us. I quickly gathered her in my arms as she cried. 

"He's being cared for by our medic. We had to sedate him when he couldn't stay calm. He's worried about you also," Angel explained. Sitting us on one of the plush sofas, I held Dana's slender hands in mine, patting them reassuringly. She looked at all eight of us then our attire. "You rescued me?" she asked.

"That was the plan. We had the opportunity to do more also," I replied with a grin.

"Who are you? Why would you rescue me? Do you know me from somewhere? I can't ever recall meeting you," she pressed. 

"Your Lionel asked my fiance for help. Your mother.... your mother asked someone to help you also." The mention of her mother threw her into a sad demeanor, her body slumped with her heavy emotions, tears ran down her face, dropping into her lap. 

"You're safe now, Dana." Ronnie, the cheerful one of the group openly reassured her.

"How can you be so sure?" she said in disbelief.

"You are family, now. You're under the protection of the Delacourdes, sweetie. My fiance is Raizon, my best friend is his brother. Each person in this room is under the seal, including you." 

"D-Delacourde?! The Mafia King? H-How? Father hates him," she practically shrieked her response. 

"The feeling is mutual," Angel muttered. She wasn't wrong.

"We will explain later on but first we need you to get some medical attention then a good bath. A lot must be done," I continued. Dana held onto my hand tightly but nodded in acceptance. This poor girl. I pray she sees the love that surrounds her which will help heal her. Pressing the talk button on the mic in my ear, I gave the person the other end the word of clear while feeling the pressure of Dana's tight hold on my hand. Without looking over my shoulder, I knew who entered the suite. We were lucky to gain this two-star hotel for a quick stop before we proceed onto the major part of the plan. Lionel and his friends' attack wasn't accounted for but it was being dealt with. Activity was buzzing outside the doors of the suite, I paid it no mind but I know something happened.

Dana's fearful whimpers brought me back to the present. 

"It's okay. This is Aikido. Our resident doctor. We need him here to help you. To make things safer for you, myself and three of my girls will stay in the room with you. We know you've been through shit no woman should ever go through. All we ask is for you to trust us, Dana," I explained to her softly. Her luminous eyes bounced from face to face, the fear slowly subsided, her attention rested on Aikido. Looking over my shoulder, I smiled at the quiet doctor who now held his medical kit in his hands before him but kept his head slightly bowed. I've learned of his history as a Navy SEAL medic and his hold onto his Japanese heritage, it was all an eye-opener of how dedicated this man was to help people.