48.

"It all started with hello, continued with 'I do' and now looking forward to a happily ever after."

You are personally invited to the ceremony of two kindred hearts sealing their love for each other before you and their family.
               Mr. Stephen Caine & Mr. Gianni Delacourde welcome you to their special day.

Arianna was livid. Beyond furious as she abruptly ended the thirteenth call to the one person who should be witnessing this special day. Dressed in a simple satin robe, hair styled appropriately, she began to pace the dressing room she was sharing with her best friend. Thankfully the man of the hour wasn't present, he was currently overwhelmed with too many emotions and needed some time alone. No one didn't blame the guy for wanting to be alone at this moment. In three hours he was set to marry his best friend, the love of his life when his family life was crumbling in the background. Redialing the number again, she was immediately switched to the voicemail of the person she was trying so hard to reach over the past few days. It was the wedding day of her only son and June Caine was nowhere in sight. Sonrie and Saul were in the family sitting room, trying to contact June also but no luck. With their distress and Stephen being distraught, a dark cloud was forming over their heads on this special day.

The opening of the door startled her. Taking a deep breath, she relaxed when she saw Stephen standing by the door, looking at her with the eyes of a lost child. 

"It's okay, Ari. All that matters now is the fact the people who love and respect us are here. Thank you for trying. I know it's still hurting you to acknowledge what my sister has done and what my mother is condoning yet you're still trying to get her here. I can never ask for a better best friend than you. You're the cream of the crop, babe." Tears welled in her eyes as she made her way over to him. Arms wide open, Stephen held on tightly to the woman who dutifully stayed by his side over the years. She was everything a best friend should be. Loyal, fierce, loving, protective and trustworthy. She stood by him during his struggle with his sexuality, his growing love for Gianni and now this issue with his mother. 

"You know I will do anything for you. The same way you will do anything for me," she said softly. Stephen released a shuddering breath to dispel the sob that was climbing up his throat. What he couldn't stop was the tears. He wasn't ashamed of his present image. It was killing him inside not to have his mother with him. The weeks and days leading up to this moment, his mother was excited to be a part of creating the perfect ceremony for her son. All that was now a cruel joke. Scarlett does something and his mother always goes to her rescue. It has been that way for the Caine siblings, that's why both Sonrie and Stephen made it their duty to make something themselves. Scarlett was the beauty queen, Sonrie was the observer and bookish type and Stephen was the quiet but deadly one. None of that matters now. Their mother showed everyone that her first child can never do wrong.

"Hey. Please don't cry. G is already worried about you. Don't make him burst in here and postpone the wedding. Today is the perfect day for it," Arianna said softly as she dried the fallen tears on his cheek. The mention of the main significance of the day chased away his sad thoughts only to be replaced with happy and loving thoughts of his partner and their makeshift group. 

Today is the eight-year anniversary of Stephen and Gianni's relationship. In three hours it will also be their wedding anniversary. "We're getting married," he said aloud, laughing at the magnitude of it all. Stephen held the hands of the woman before him, appreciatively he kissed her fingers before holding them to his chest.