24.

Raizon

Something was bugging her. I can see it in her eyes and her body language but what? Did I say something to annoy her? Frowning, I took a seat in the waiting room, preparing myself for the wait. I was focused on incoming documents to my device when I noticed the uncomfortable shifting of feet in my peripheral. Raising my head, my brows furrowed in more confusion seeing my men shift uneasily and tugging at their ties. My body became tense.

What danger can there possibly be in a gynecologist's office?

Oh!

Right!

Hormonal women.

Just watching the way the few ladies trailed their eyes up and down the length of the guys' bodies was now making me uncomfortable?
Two were heavily pregnant, the others were boldly eyeing us, my body instantly became rigid and aloof. I was familiar with the look in their eyes and their body language.

"You're Raizon Delacourde? I pronounced your name correct?" A blonde asked in a breathy voice which I knew she thought sexy. Only one woman's voice brought me to my knees and set my heart racing.

"Yes, I am and yes you did pronounced it correctly, " I replied, instantly hating the hint of my accent coating my words. Most times I tend to cover it up but in my relaxed state, my native tongue tends to come out. This moment wasn't one, the blonde actually perked up and also the others.

Rich French guy in an OB/GYN office. What are the odds?

"We saw the news clip of the attack on your clubs. In my opinion, it's simple jealousy. They are threatened by a young businessman making it further than them. You're very ambitious and I like that in a man. Are you single? I couldn't help but notice you coming in with your friend. That says a lot about a man, " a brunette said aloud, crossing her leg over her knees. Sadly it gave my men and me a view of her pink underwear. Before I can answer, another brunette spoke up, this one's voice was shrilly and the gum she was chewing can be heard clear across the room.

"Handsome, ambitious, loyal, what not to like?" she said sending me a wink.

Of all that is good, where is my woman?

"She's not my..."I began to say only to be cut off by the first woman.

"Can I have a photo with you for my IG? My friends are going to be so jealous. I can't believe you're single," she gushed rising from her sea, about to make her way towards me. One of the guards stepped into her path and subtly shook his head.

"It's just one photo," she shrieked.

"Unofficial photos aren't allowed, ma'am. Also for your safety, I suggest you lay off our boss," he said.

"Ma'am? Are you saying I'm old? And how dare you think I'm going to hurt your 'boss'. What's one picture?"

I rolled my eyes at her dramatics. Jameson, one of my guards assigned to the city and now Arianna, shook his head at the scene before us. "Miss Lincoln is either gonna be amused or miffed," he muttered loud enough for my ears only. The other ladies were snickering to themselves and also trying to catch my attention. A headache was forming as the blonde tried to call out to me and the receptionist trying to calm the woman down after she misinterpreted another statement my guard said. Poor thing, she just made things even worse for blondes. Ignoring them all, I placed an order for pickup at a restaurant near the hospital and went back to my work.

"I can't leave you guys for fifteen minutes. What the hell is going on? Donovan why are you arguing with her?"

Arianna's amused exclamation silenced the blonde's ranting, the receptionist's exasperated one-sided conversations and the snickering of the other females. Standing in the hallway with her hip propped to the side, Arianna was trying her best not to laugh.