Chapter seven: Mate

Chapter song: Eminem feat. Beyonce- walk on water.

I walk on water but i ain't no Jesus
I walk on water but only when it freezes

Cause I'm only human
Just like you.
Making my mistakes
Oh if you only knew
I don't think you should believe me
The way that you do
Cause I'm terrified to let down
Oh.

If i walked on water
I would drown

**

Third person's POV
---------------------------------

Royal Beta Joshua walked to his best friends office with determination.

He knocked softly.

"Come in Joshua i can smell you" The kings booming voice spoke from inside. Joshua  wasn't affected at all as he opened the door.

"Hey bud" Joshua spoke trying to get his childhood best friend and King to look up from the paper he's holding.

"What do you want Josh, I'm busy" Damien says looking at his best friend knowing very well his up to something.

"Well" Damien asks again getting impatient.

"See what I'm about to ask you, you always say No to every year but i was hoping"

"See, see hold it right there Joshua the answer is no" Damien says going back to his paper that was sent by the council about the
spies that were sent to Silver lunar pack.

"Damien you always say no and lock yourself in this office ever since"

"You hold your tongue Beta know your place" Damien growled out.

Joshua wasn't affected at all.

"You've been invited to the mating ball and the alpha meeting that takes place after that which is being held at the Silver lunar pack"

The mention of the Silver lunar pack got Damien interested. This is the pack that is being investigated.

"And when is that Damien" asks trying to sound disinterested.

"In two days" Joshua tells Damien getting excited that he might agree.

"Fine,get the maids to organize my bags."

"Yes of course Alpha"

"Who else is coming?" Damien asks.

"A about 60 unmated wolves, myself ,Benjamin and his mate Lilly"

"Silver lunar pack is the pack Delta Female Lilly comes from correct?"

"Yes Alpha"

"Is she aware of the investigation that is taking place there"?

"Yes Alpha she even gave out information about the Alpha, Apparently he is a sadistic man who abuses her own daughter because she hasn't shifted, she hopes to bring the girl with us after the meeting"

Royal Beta Joshua was excited that he might meet his mate at the ball and he wanted his best friend to witness the greatest moment of his life.

"Very well Joshua anything else?" Asks Damien with a bored expression on face.