Drunk In Love

Simaya:

It's been almost a week since I last spoke to Abel. While in Europe doing his shows he kept calling and texting me but I wasn't ready to talk to him. This whole Valerie situation really bothered me because I couldn't understand why was he cared so much. My thoughts ran wild and I felt that he still loved her. Knowing Amina was with Cash I didn't bother her with my problems so since it was Laura's last day day in town I decided to spend the day with her and her fathers family in Scarsbourgh who happen to be Habesha (Ethiopian).

Pulling my rider boots up I grabbed my coat and purse and waited for her call that she was here to get me. Going through my phone I saw Abel posting pictures from his shows and couldn't help but miss him. When he came back I didn't know what was going to happen between us since we left things unsettled.

Getting the call from Laura I locked my door and headed down.

"What's up girl?"

Giving her a quick hug before we drove off I noticed her low red eyes and a blunt in her left hand.

"Laura your dad is going to kick your ass if he sees you high"

"You can tell? Shit"

"I'll give you some Visine to get the redness out of your eyes so chill"

"You're a life saver My, so are you ready for this dinner?"

Before Laura's mother passed away I was often over at her house having dinner with her family so it wasn't a big deal when she invited me to the dinner party that relatives were having for her.

"Yeah, it's been a while since I had some of your native cuisine. I've been missing those tortilla looking bread.."

"Injera.. Tortilla? Really My?"

She laughed as she corrected me.

"Oh and that beefy fajita stuff on the side.."

"Zilzil.. My auntie is making all of that and some other great stuff, She's the best"

"Great because I'm starving, It's funny because I'm kind of seeing a guy who's Ethiopian"

"Since when have you been dating?"

"It sort of just happened. Abel is beautiful, his dick is made out of magic and his tongue has super powers and he's fucken amazing. He's also sweet when he's wants to be, ugh his habit just messes everything up"

"Magic dick? Super power tongue? Are we talking about a porn star?"

Laughing at my description she looked confused.

"No, Abel is a singer"

"Sounds like a catch, I have a cousin named Abel remember?"

She giggled at the memory of her cousin standing me up at a high school dance. Laura asked her cousin Abel to take me since I didn't have a date but he never showed or bother to call me telling me he wasn't coming.

"Fuck your cousin Laura, I've never met him but he's a jerk for that"

"Well he's a player anyways, and now that he's famous he's even more of a man whore"

Sitting there I didn't think to make the connection between Laura's cousin and Abel together.

"Abel is famous?"

"He doesn't go by Abel, he goes by The Weeknd now"

Looking at Laura I just smiled.

"Oh my god Simaya, don't tell me your boyfriend is my cousin?!"