continued...

"And then what happened?" May asked.

       "Well, the Reverend died. In 1900, the camp was called 'American Camp of Worship'. It was near a Lake. Its water glistened. And in 1902, the name changed to Camp Crystal Lake. And, even though there was a name change, the same religious ideals were in place. The Christian belief of punishment was still there; still enforced.

       "By 1903 to 1910 life at Camp Crystal Lake was normal. Nothing bad happened; nothing evil. And then several years later in 1914, WWI happened. Then, five years' later, during the summer of 1919, on Friday the 13th, Charles Christy became the first of the Christy family, to take care of the camp. He was a small, graceful man. He had had a lot of influence in politics. He didn't have experience in outdoor camps. But he put money into the camp. And after the War ended, the townsfolk knew that the US needed to have something to enjoy. And Camp Crystal Lake was the place...a safe place...where teenagers thrived...And, as a consequence, and this isn't a well known fact, Donald Voorhees arrived at the Camp.

        "Donald was a violent man. He was prone to disappear in the woods. He was 12. His parents weren't on birth records. So he got his name from a local preacher called 'Ron Voorhees', a hermit from Chicago. Noone knows much about him. There's no records of him in any newspapers. Anyway, he lived in a shack that he built himself. And he was prone to use a machete in his right hand to scare campers. Of course the Crystal Lake didn't do anything because he didn't murder any locals or campers and counsellors. Not yet that is....

Page 7