continued...

"...And, then there was a mysterious happenings. In 1959, there was talk that Jason Voorhees was alive. Someone had dragged him from the lake in 1957. How he survived is a mystery. In 1960, when President John F. Kennedy became Commander-In-Chief, America was away from the McCarthyism horrors of the 1950's, a decade when he destroyed Hollywood stars, which was the precursor to The Space Race.

      "...In that year while author Robert Bloch's "Psycho", published in 1959, was made into a movie in 1960, fuelled the genesis of the real horror. It wasn't Norman Bates everyone was scared of. It was Donald Voorhees.  He vanished one day...Noone knows where he went. As for others, they also vanished. The townsfolk celebrated. But their celebration was short-lived. Because by 1961 someone set fire to Camp Crystal Lake; by 1962, (during The Cuba Missile Crisis), the water was poisoned. And then on November 22, 1963, President Kennedy was assassinated. And a permanent darkness enveloped America.

       "....And this was not part of the Legend of Camp Crystal Lake, May. On Friday, June 13, 1964, Margaret Dain, 11, a schoolgirl, was found murdered near the camp. She sneaked off one day and headed to the camp. She saw Jason Voorhees eating a deer. She described him thus: 'The large, bloated headed man was abnormal; the eyes were bloated, as if from drowning. He was tall, strong. He had a potato sack on his head, one that he stole from Old Friedlman's Farm 3 miles south of Camp Crystal Lake. He was busy eating it, as if he was so hungry that he ate what food there was in the woods'.

Page 9