Chapter Four ... A Luna's Rage

POV
Stone

Sitting in my office, not twenty minutes after encountering my mate for the first time in six years

My thoughts were all over, my emotions ranged from excited, pissed off, regretful, there were pride and fear ... Believe it or not, I was even a little turned on.

Lucas had changed, at first glance, it seemed for the better. He was taller, his body had filled out nicely, making him fat in just the right spots and lean everywhere else.

He was stronger, his aura wasn't like other Omega's, he wasn't submissive anymore ... It hurt to know I'd taken that away from him.

Submission is vital to an Omega's existence, to their protection. I stripped that from him, cast him out... Goddess only knows what he went through.

Then there was the little freckle-faced kid, he was mine ... A son, I tried for a year and a half with Nancy, no such luck. I could only hope Lucas would bring him to see me.

It was clear Lucas was a protective mama, and I appreciated that, but that cute kid was clearly an Alpha and an Omega can't teach an Alpha how to tame their wolf.

Speaking of Nancy, she waltzed into my office, her red bottoms click-clacking as she entered the room.

I hadn't slept with her in two years, I marked her every month, to keep up appearances, we didn't even sleep in the same room anymore.

She stood there cleaning her fingernails, her dark black hair hung in curls, she is beautiful, but her personality is shit ... Unlike me, she hadn't matured.

"Word is that runaway loser came back, Allen said he had some brat with him." She said, sitting down in the chair in front of my desk.

"What do you want?" I asked, "It's that time again, the mark is starting to fade." She said, moving her shirt to reveal the fading bite on her shoulder.

"No, it's pointless now, I'm telling the pack," I said. "The hell you are, I will not be embarrassed like that ... I'm Luna." She hissed.

"We both know you aren't... You need to find your mate because I plan on fixing things with mine." I said. "Is his kid yours?" She asked.

"Yes, he's mine," I answered, my chest swelling with pride. "How can you be sure, you two only shared a night." She said, showing her ignorance.

"Male Omega can be impregnated, but not by anyone other than their mate... And as far as one night... I climaxed at least a dozen times." I said.

"Do you hear yourself, do you even know how I must feel?" She asked.

"Yes... I know how you must feel, but I'm going to do what's right, I need to for my own sanity, I want what I could have had ... Don't you want a mate?" I asked.