Chapter Twelve ... The Great Gathering

POV
Stone

The Great Gathering arrived, it was a Friday and my territory would be housing over eighteen hundred wolves

There would be food, fights and fun, but none of that was concerning. What concerned me was Lucas's guest. Philip.

I hated the guy and I hadn't met him yet, he was scheduled to arrive sometime tonight. What really got Falken going, was seeing Lucas so excited. You'd think Luna herself was gracing us with her presence.

I overheard him talking to his sister Lucy the day before, I was going to his office to discuss our son, and the depression he was experiencing.

I stopped because I heard him mention Philip listening as he told Lucy about the man and how he'd taken him in, played the hero.

It was gut-wrenching and completely what I deserved, still, I couldn't help how jealous I was. I stormed out of the packhouse and took a six-hour run.

So there we were the day of the Great Gathering, all the leaders, Lucas and I included, we were all running around trying to put the finishing touches on everything.

Lucas was in a totally different place, he was happy, almost bubbly, and I knew exactly why. I didn't mean to but I kinda started a little argument with him.

It is tradition, that at every Gathering the Alpha and Luna hosting go and welcome the Alpha and Luna of each pack.

After the packs had arrived, and we gave everyone time to get organized, Lucas came and found me.

I was avoiding most of the eighteen hundred wolves, simply because, in sibling packs, everyone knows everyone.

Meaning everyone knew about me and Lucas, I could imagine what they were saying about me, not that they weren't right, but that didn't mean I wanted my mistake thrown back in my face.

So there I was basically hiding in the greenhouse, amongst the herbs for healing and different types of aconite.

He must have scented me because he walked right in the greenhouse and called my name. "What?" I answered, sounding harsher than I meant to; and hearing the deep south in my own voice.

"The-uh ... Everyone is situated, it's time for the welcoming, then we have to address the packs." Lucas said.

"I can't go out there, and you should be more concerned with your boyfriend's arrival," I said, my shoulders sagging.

"Come on Stone, Phil and I had sex  a few times, but we were nev..."

"You said, y'all never had sex, what's a few times?" I asked. "More than twice, and I never told you we didn't have sex, I said we weren't interested in each other in that way." He answered.

"Besides, it doesn't matter you an..."

"Yeah yeah yeah I know... We ain't together and we won't ever be. If there's nothing else, I'd like to be alone... Please." I softly begged.