Chapter Ten ... Wolf Finding

POV
Lucas

Three days before the Great Gathering and I was a mess of stress and worry

Three days before the Great Gathering and I was a mess of stress and worry. Nancy wasn't making it easier, she swore she was better than me.

She swore I was going to cause the pack embarrassment. I wasn't so sure she was wrong.

The Brickston pack has hosted the Gathering for the last seventy years because it's a massive piece of work, and our pack throws the best Gatherings.

I was in the midst of a throbbing headache, when Nancy walked into the Luna's office, my office.

I'd changed it completely from the way Nancy originally had it.

Filled with yellows and pinks, and fruity smells, shit that I couldn't stand.  As my office it was completely different, walls a dark black, the carpeting cobalt blue.

I kept the shades drawn, and the fireplace that sat to the right of my cherry wood desk gave off a pine needle scent from the incense I kept burning.

I added a few love seats for a guest, and I used the decorating budget, to buy a really expensive leather backed vibrating chair.

"Ugh...  You've ruined the entire flow of my office." She said, walking in and seating in the black leather chair, that sat in front of my desk.

"First off, it's my office. Secondly, what do you want?" I asked. "Yeah I know it's your office, I don't need a reminder of the way you wrecked my happy home." She said, throwing a folder on my desk.

"I didn't wreck shit." I hissed, slamming my fist on my desk, making her jump.

She sat back allowing me to relax, then we stared at each other, she had no right to hate me.

"You're right... You didn't ruin things with Stone, they were always wrong, but I'm not sorry. I didn't think you deserved him then and I don't think you deserve him now." She said, sitting up straighter.

"I don't fuckin want him, so how about you chill the fuck out. No, since you wanna be such a cunt let's talk about it." I said, standing up and glaring at her.

"He was my mate, you knew that that morning when your backwater trash ass let him fuck you in the dirt. You knew he was mine, and still, you let him mark you. You were a disgusting slut when we were kids, and you're a desperate slut now. Get out of my office." I said, fuming.

"I'll leave, but if you aren't careful, someone else is gonna get him. He's your mate and you're making him beg... You're ungrateful... Believe me, not having a mate is hell." She said, getting up and heading for the door.

"He rejected me!" I shouted. "No, a hormonal, arrogant, prideful teenager rejected you. One who wasn't sure if the pack would still love him if they knew."  She responded, spinning around so fast I thought she'd fall, especially in those tacky pink heels.