Chapter Seven ... Fights, Flowers and Death

POV
Stone

"Ow dammit! Give me a

"Ow dammit! Give me a... Fuck!" I was getting my ass beat the morning after my wolf forcefully marked Lucas.

Lucas woke up, and I was woken up by his fists raining on my head, face and chest.

He was swinging so wildly, so fast, I couldn't keep up. "Lucas... S-st-stop!" I screamed. Still, the hits rained down, one or two catching me in the face, more than several caught my chest.

"I'm s-sorry... Angel, I'm sorry damnit!" I yelled, trying to get some control. There was nothing that helped, he beat my ass for almost ten minutes straight. Growling and snarling the entire time.

Then finally, he froze above me, I slowly put my hands down when the blows stopped coming. He was glaring down at me, his eyes flashing between his natural warm brown and the white of his wolf.

"Why?" He asked, "It was an accident on my part, it was Falken's fault, he did it." I snitched. (Stool pigeon) Falken growled at me.

"You should have stopped him! Do you have any idea what you've done?! Don't think this will change anything, trust me... You dumb fuck! I'd rather my wolf wither away, I would rather die than be with you. I'm telling everyone what you did." He threatened, yet I was still replaying the harsher words.

"You'd rather die then forgive me, rather die than be with me?" I asked.

"Why can't you understand, we aren't getting together... We aren't working things out. I'm done with you." He spat, yet he made no move to leave my lap.

He could feel it, just like I could. That warmth, that comfort. It was between us, and even pissed mates can't hate one another. It was starting, I just needed Luna to give him a little push, I'd handle the rest.

"Why can't you forgive me?" I asked. I refused to move, knowing if I sat up he'd leave or find some way to get out of my presence. "What kind of stupid question is that? He asked.

"A real one. Tell me why, why exactly." I answered him, then I waited. He didn't move, we just stared at one another. Then he sighed.

"I think about the nights right before Stone was born, the nights I prayed for you to come to find me. I think of all the tears I cried and... And I can't forgive you... I don't want to." He answered.

"Ma-maybe we can start over completely?" I softly pleaded.

"No Stone, you've marked me, but it won't keep me. I could never be with you and pretend you didn't try to destroy me. You want to fix what you did. Stay away from me." He spoke then started to climb off of me.

I flipped us and stared down at him, he started to flail, about to start with the violence again. So I reacted, cupping my mouth over the mark on his shoulder.

His back instantly arched, and he froze going limp. I let go and he snarled softly.

"I'm never gonna give up. I know right now it looks like I'm just going to keep fuckin up. And knowing my dumb ass, I will, but it will never again be intentional." I explained, before rolling away from him and quickly standing.