Chapter Eight ... Straight Talk

POV
Lucas

"That's it

"That's it... Hit it harder. Think about all the stupid kids who bully you, think about how weak they think you are... Hit it harder!" I shouted.

Soren and I were training his knuckles, it wasn't pretty. Training his knuckles required him to beat them badly, he'd been doing it for days.

We stood in the meadow, a hole in the ground with a thick wooden post buried in it. He stood there throwing punch combo's, his knuckles pressing firmly into the wood.

I watched him do it over and over again, it hurt, I know, but it would be worth it. "Harder!" I shouted, and he punched harder, a sound of pain pouring out of him.

We worked every day until the late hours, switching between hand to hand training and knuckle bruising.

Each day we worked hard, he worked until the sunset and the woods grew dark.

#   #   #

Soren's mother was still pissed at me, but Arthur was thrilled. He liked watching his son's confidence soar. And his confidence was getting better.

Leave it to my son to ruin that. It was around dinner time, on a Thursday; which meant it was mandatory for the pack to eat together.

Soren's knuckles hadn't exactly healed, after a day of rest; so they were bandaged. Stone Jr didn't know about me training Soren, but I figured he would handle it well, I was wrong.

I tried to raise him better, but he's an Alpha, incapable of understanding an Omega's drive to protect oneself.
Our constant fear, always thinking about danger.

Anyway, I was seated with my parents, ignoring Stone Sr and his constant glare, nodding gently to the chair beside him.

The dining hall is basically a house on the outside, a big expensive looking cabin, amazing what the pack carpenters can do.

The inside of the cabin is just a cafeteria, nothing special save for the platform where the important people sit. The Alpha, Beta and Gamma as well as their mates.