Chapter Seventeen... The Big Date

POV
Stone

My son went through with his plan he went through with it; when I specifically forbid him from doing it

My son went through with his plan he went through with it; when I specifically forbid him from doing it. He decided to ignore my words, went ahead and entered the woods of the other world.

A place where he could've easily been killed, his essence devoured, something that would have left his body basically without a soul, and that would have left Lucas heartbroken, and the pack without an heir. He may be a genius, but he certainly wasn't acting like it. Instead, he behaved without concern for himself, his future mate, his parents or the pack. He was entirely selfish.

Of course, he was right though... he just had to be right. After his trip to the woods, he returned with Miro as his wolf. And Elder Roth, After his vision quest, confirmed Stone's theory. He and Soren had indeed been destined, but Miro killed Soren's true wolf.

So in a way, Stone had saved himself; what made me angriest was the fact that I was proud of him. It was the last day of the Gathering, and by midnight, when the moon was at her peak, we would run as one gigantic pack, all the Alpha's leading their pack.

I was ready for the run, I would get over my son's disrespect, what I was really worried about was my date with Lucas. I was more than a bit nervous, our son had just pulled some crazy shit, so Lucas might not have been in a great mood.

I had a good plan, a great one. It consisted of one bottled wish, an Item found in the other world, I had to call in one hella favor with council member Emory. The little shit will probably expect a huge donation; when he runs for the central chairman of the wolven council.

But the bottled wish he gave me would give me a huge advantage; so it'll be worth it, with it I can open a portal into the other world. A date in the other realm. We could visit the places my mother took me to as a kid in the city of Adoria. {Beautiful lands}

There wasn't any doubt in my mind that he would love it, but would he still want to go? That's the question.

# # #

The final feast was the best, we ate, we laughed, we told horrible stories. And when everyone was fed and watered, we lit the bonfires.

"Another gathering has come and gone, and we find ourselves in good fortune, things could always be better, but the goddess has provided. So tonight, beneath Luna's glow, we run!" I shouted.

I looked out at the gathered wolves, children, men and women. I howled with pride, and they all howled in return.

"This year has brought me many blessings, and I am glad that I can share it with my family, not just my pack, not just us Golden wolves, but our sister packs, we are all family, and I love all of you," Marcus said, adding his own howl to the moon, and again we all howled in response.