Chapter Five ... The Flower Moon

POV
Lucas

July 10th

July 10th

A full four weeks I had been in Brickston territory. I was struggling to get my hands on some coolers, my heat was scheduled to come at any moment.

The pack Doctor said there was a shortage of yellow aconite, so it'd be two days before he could make me some coolers.

I was considering leaving and going to a hotel, just until my heat ended, but Stone made things difficult.

There was no way he wouldn't bitch if I tried to leave, he'd want an explanation. And no way in hell was I going to tell him why I needed to leave.

The matter was made worse by the fact that a full moon was coming. The flower moon.

My heat symptoms were already starting, I was irritable, my skin was constantly coated in a thin layer of sweat. I was dripping heat slick, it was leaving me damp, my cakes were hot...

I needed a run, but it seemed it would have to wait because I needed to take several cold showers. Heat can be quite intense, mine was worse, since the rejection, they've been horrible.

When I said Phil and I never had sex, I ... ... ... Lied. It was only once though, well... ... ... Once for like a whole week. Because my heat was really bad and he couldn't cure it.

So he helped me out, but not being my mate, he had to work a lot harder to cool me out. He did though, thank Phil for that.

Little Stone was with his father, he was helping him run drills. At least he was supposed to be, instead, I find out that Stone is training him, teaching him to fight like a warrior wolf.

Lucy told me when I came out of the shower. I threw on some shorts and headed out to find them.

Of course, they were found, in the never-ending fields on the west side of pack territory, trees were splayed out in large groups of green.

The pack wolves were separated into groups, some were running drills, others were learning fighting formations.

My eyes landed on Stone, he and a group of boys little Stone's age were being taught sparring, little Stone, of course, knew how to fight, exceptionally well, but I didn't want him learning pack techniques.