Catch Up!

Something felt wrong as soon as the rejection left his mouth.

And it felt wrong when Yama turned away from him to go home, his shoulders shaking in time to his sobs.

But he wasn't sure why.

If it were simple he would think it was because he just hurt and rejected his best friend. And that he might have just lost him. But it didn't feel that simple.

And that

W.l įî/::;!!)&2 E.o œø@0!!::  I.v R.e 뀀D//;

feeing he felt was still there but it felt... wrong too. Like it was hurt, too.

It was the whole time. Had Yama not loved him... would he still have agreed? He didn't think so. And although he didn't know, he couldn't help feeling he just used him.

And he turned around and went home, with Yama's crying face burned into his memory and the skin of his hands and back still tingling from where they touched.

He felt wrong.

And he just needed his best friend.

But he couldn't have him.

oOoOoOo

Tsukki sent him a quick text in the morning asking if he was okay but left him alone when he didn't respond.

He knew better.

Or he knew nothing at all. He didn't know anymore.

He didn't hear from Yama all weekend. It was the longest he'd gone without talking to him—even just a single text—since the time that his family took a trip to the mountains and he didn't have any cellphone signal. But it was worse because Yama didn't want to talk to him.

And everything was just wrong but he knew Yama probably felt even worse. And he still didn't know what anything meant.

And weirdly... Yama being in love with him sort of made him... happy. But that was fucked up right? How egotistical would someone have to be....

So he hoped when he went outside to start the walk to school he would see Yama there like he had so many times before and never thought about.

But he didn't.

And maybe Yama just needed some time but maybe they couldn't even be friends anymore.

That was a world he couldn't imagine.

oOoOoOo

Tsukki saw Yama again as he walked into the gym for morning practice. His back was turned to him as he talked to Hinata—a looming Kageyama behind him. Tsukki took some tentative steps towards them, finally noticing his heart beating hard in his chest.

The King made eye contact with him and shook his head no.

Tsukishima stopped dead in his tracks.

He was telling them.

Shit, he already told them.

"Hey... its going to be alright, okay?" Hinata reassured Yama, rubbing his arm, "let's just play some volleyball as a distraction. You can do drills with me." He nudged Kageyama to let him know he should go do drills with Tsukki.

"Thank you, Hinata... and Kageyama," Yama muttered, grabbing a ball from the ball bin.

Kageyama patted Hinata on the head then hit his forearm lightly against Yama's arm for reassurance before jogging up to Tsukki.