I love you

"Why would we want to do that?" Tsukki said coldly, taking his glasses off to clean them with a cloth.

"That was my question," Kageyama mumbled, really only being okay with it because Hinata wanted to do it.

Hinata pouted, shutting his locker, "I think it would be fun. We've never gone on a double date before". He realized he didn't have his shoes on, a slight panic in his eyes. He bounced in relief when they were on the floor and not his locker.

"...let me rephrase: No," Tsukki put his glasses back on then closed his locker.

Yamaguchi pulled his arm through the sleeve of his jacket as he snickered under his breath. Hinata and Kageyama were much more high energy; a double date with them kind of sounded like it would be stressful.

"Well, let us know if you change you're mind," Hinata got his shoes on and brought his hands out so Kageyama could help him up, "are you guys planning on doing any couple things?"

"Uh, like the hoodie thing?" Yama asked with a small smile.

He didn't really see the point in that since they already shared clothes from the large amount of times they slept over. And they basically did everything together so... guess that's what you get when you're in love with your best friend.

Hinata nodded with too much energy, his features morphing into an orange blur, "yeah , yeah, yeah!"

"Why put clothes on Yamaguchi when I can take them all off?" Tsukki gave them a smug smirk, his words laced with pride.

Yamaguchi momentarily forgot how to breath, slamming his locker hard.

His face was so warm he couldn't feel it anymore as he stared soullessly into the void.

Turtles probably did have good lives.

They seemed wise.

He wondered what they ate.

Hopefully they like fries.

Fries are delicious.

Especially when they're soggy.

"Tsukishima you broke your boyfriend!" Hinata scolded as Kageyama pressed his hands over the bouncy boy's ears.

"Don't say dirty things in front of Shouyou," the King squeezed Hinata's head like it was a volleyball. His poor ears were tainted.

Tsukki chuckled, grabbing his things to get ready to leave. He thought he made a very good point.

But he mostly just wanted to listen to music and snuggle.

He wasn't going to say that, though.

Yama composed himself and glanced at Tsukki as the blocker headed for the door. He mentally prepared to run to catch up, turning his attention back to the other couple.

"Uh... yeah... so anyway... nice job today... gonna go now," Yama laughed, rubbing the back of his neck with a hand and making sure he had everything.

"Oww," Hinata struggled against his grumpy and very protective setter, pulling at his hands, "Yeah, ditto Yamaguchi! See you la—QUIT IT".

"Yamaguchi..." Tsukki called for him at the door, almost sounding annoyed but leaning more on the I want you here right now side.

Yama turned on his heel with a slightly surprised smile and grabbed his bag, "coming, Tsukki!"

Tsukki offered his hand, walking out as soon as their palms touched. He drew Yama close, sticking their hands together in his pocket when the chill of the night blew into them.

He waited.

The freckled crow squeezed his love's hand and grabbed his arm hard as if his body couldn't handle the overwhelming happiness.

Tsukki loved him.

Tsukki loved him.

Holy shit.

"Hey, Tsukki...?" Yama started, his eyes shyly watching their their feet walk in time.  He skipped a little to match alternating steps before realizing Tsukki hadn't responded to him.

"Tsukki?" Yama asked again, looking up at the tall blocker. He was looking off to the side away from Yama.

"What?" Tsukki muttered, turning to him slightly. A deep blush was painted delicately on his cheeks.

"Aw... Tsukki..." Yama swayed in a step to press his weight against the taller boy, a big grin on his face as he teased, "you look really cute".

"It's slowly occurring to me how real this is," Tsukki sighed and tried to compose his newly identified feelings.

It's easier to be cool when you're in constant denial.

"I think it's all pretty much the same—People say we act like an old couple anyway. Not the kind that bicker, but the kind that feed ducks and make fun of other people," Yama laughed as he thought about it, "like Statler and Waldorf from the muppets".

"... wow," Tsukki gave him a chuckle which was mostly just him breathing out of his nose harder than usual, "that wasn't what you had to say, right?"

"No... " Yamaguchi stopped walking, stopping the other boy by extension. He looked at the ground, squeezing Tsukki's arm and searching for some courage.

Tsukki looked at his awkward, freckled-blush wearing best friend expectantly.

A gentle light stole over the heavens.

"......I love you, Kei!"

...

.....

Tsukishima stared at him, his heart about to jump directly out of his chest. There was no webbing between the two of them to keep it away.

And it was...

Weird.

But only weird in a way that's... sweet and intoxicating... like tequila. Because it made his his body weightless and his skin tingle where they touched.

And it was love.

Because as much as they had believed it, neither of them were loveless when they had each other.

They just needed their best friend.

He pulled Yama close, bringing his hands up to gently rub beautiful freckles with his thumbs.

Yama's eyes closed only when that small space between them disappeared in a gentle kiss that made them forget that their hands were numb from the cold.

And they wrote a poem together.

Big and in the sky—with newfound love as ink and comfort as paper.

And the stars were connected to the moon by their kite string words and the moon could finally see it.

The moon didn't feel so lonely.

Because the stars didn't feel so far away.

And those words danced between them, a long awaited,

I

Love

You

That was echoed again by strawberry flavored, demon kiss lips,

"I love you, Tadashi".

And a beautiful freckled boy felt special.

Because he was.

And they couldn't help being in love.

oOoOoOo

The end

[hope you enjoyed! Tell me what you thought!]