What the actual fuck, Kyuubi?

In all honesty, Kakashi blamed Kyuubi.

'And probably Naruto. Also Sasuke. Let's not forget Sakura too while he was at it, but Kyuubi was definitely the main culprit.'

When his students attempted to seal Kaguya, the goddess naturally put up a self-defence, forming a frantic handsign to counter the three teenagers that were about to seal her godly ass into the moon.

Since Kakashi was falling in a dramatic slow-motion, spiritual sharingan that Obito gifted him still tainting his vision red, he barely noticed the surge of red that enveloped his students until that warm chakra reached out to wrap around him too.

"That old hag...," Kyuubi's voice echoed in his mind, and before Kakashi could even panic, he felt a shift in the air that was so similar to the feeling of Kamui. "I hate using this unstable jutsu. Tch. Hang on tight, kit."

Kakashi then watched in awed horror when Kyuubi's chakra lurched towards Kaguya, intercepting her handsigning and doing the exact same thing that Obito did to Kakashi by using Kaguya's hands to launch his own jutsu.

Then, there was a burst of light, Kaguya screeched in betrayal while Kyuubi tugged Kakashi up until he collided hard with the tangled bodies of his students as the world swirled and swirled and swirled...

And Kakashi woke up in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by the lush greens, the sound of the calm river that was like soothing music to his ears and the familiar scent of Konoha's forest.

Despite his confusion at the sudden change of landscape, Kakashi sought for his students first, refusing to lose any more of the people that he has cherished.

They were not in sight, nowhere in his sensory range and he couldn't even pick up their scents.

Kakashi's mind unwillingly reeled back to the boy that was crushed under a rock, gurgling out blood as he offered his sharingan to Kakashi. He thought of the girl that willingly jumped in front of his raikiri, remembering the warmth of her blood in his hands. He remembered the smile on a disintegrating face, the words that encouraged his student to become Hokage and the sorrow he felt when he lost his friend once again.

And now, he lost his students too.

Kakashi had to take a full second to gather himself back together, reeling in his escalating breaths and tried to clear the fog from his mind. There were still chances that his students were not dead yet. Perhaps whatever jutsu that Kyuubi had done has simply separated Team 7 miles away from each other.

Perhaps he has not lost anyone else...

Kakashi staggered, swaying as he made his way to the river, feeling slightly light-headed. He usually would blame it on chakra exhaustion, but his chakra reserve was oddly not depleted. Instead, he felt that he was so full of chakra that chakra-high was probably more plausible to explain his light-headedness.

Once Kakashi made it to the river and saw his own reflection, he yelped.

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

"Kai!" he immediately attempted to break whatever genjutsu that was inflicted on him, but to no avail, the reflection didn't change.

Kakashi blinked at his reflection, lifting one shaky hand to touch his bare face. He traced the outline of his jaw and cheekbones—the only familiar features on his face apart from his lips and the mole at his chin—before moving to his nose. His nose was a little bit more slender now, much like the Uchiha's delicate nose structures while his eyes were no longer pitch black.

No. They were green and blue.

As in, Sakura's green and Naruto's blue.

He still has his trademark gravity-defying silver hair, but it was a tad bit longer—so similar to the length of Sakura's hair as the gravity-defying ends hovered just slightly above his shoulders. Looking down at the rest of his body, he concluded that he has somehow reverted himself to the height and build of his body back when he was eighteen.

Fuck. What the hell did the Kyuubi do?

Then, Kakashi saw a flash of colour under his messy bangs and he immediately pushed his bangs away from his forehead. Kakashi then had to swallow back a shriek upon seeing the purple diamond at the centre of his forehead.

"No," he mouthed, horrified.

But the horror didn't stop him from checking his chakra reserves.

Kakashi almost shrieked again.

His chakra reserve has expanded so large and so brimmingly full of chakra that Kakashi knew that he wouldn't have any problem if he fought with a thousand shadow clone now.

Then, the realisation dawned onto him, and Kakashi swore.

He had an abnormally large chakra reserve now. Like, an Uzumaki-large chakra reserve. Specifically, an Uzumaki plus bijuu kind of chakra reserve.

He had Naruto's chakra reserve.

Further inspection of his chakra coils has confirmed that idea. Kakashi also happened to realise that he has second chakra storage at the mark on his forehead.

He had Sakura's Strength of A Hundred Seal.

At this rate, Kakashi wouldn't even be shocked if he has Sasuke's sharingan too.

So, just to be sure of the forming theory inside his head, Kakashi summoned his chakra to his eyes, half-hoping that nothing would happen because that would just confirm his theory—

His mismatched eyes shifted, morphing to spinning red.

Oh, for the love of Icha Icha.

Not only he had Sasuke's sharingan, but he also had the ability to activate them at will like a real Uchiha.

Taking in the reflection of his eyes, Kakashi couldn't help but notice the difference of his eyes from Sasuke's. The pattern of the sharingan was significantly different, looking more like a morbid mix of Sasuke's Eternal Mangekyou and Kakashi's own Mangekyou—

Oh, fuck.

He had Obito's spiritual sharingan when Kyuubi launched the jutsu that threw him into this predicament.

The pattern of his sharingan now looked suspiciously like the pattern of Sasuke's Eternal Mangekyou combined with his and Obito's Mangekyou pattern.

Kakashi didn't even know if he wanted to test his new sharingan out.

(He probably should, if he wanted to survive, but this was fairly terrifying to him, having his students' attributes inside his somehow de-aged body, so it was perfectly justified that he was a hairbreadth away from panicking, okay?)

Kakashi blinked once he has made sure that the sharingan was really there and not a trick of light, before he willed the eyes to fade back into his mismatched blue and green ones.

He was never going to get used to this.

But he was a prodigy for a reason, and a former ANBU like him did not fret too long in unsuspecting circumstances. Thus, Kakashi stood, eyeing his tattered white shirt emblazoned with the Uchiha crest with a mild amusement before he summoned a portal to Kamui dimension.

(He was so grateful that he still has the access to the Kamui dimension that he once shared with Obito.)

Kakashi praised the gods that Obito has been using this dimension as his safehouse because he really needed another set of clothes as he plotted his next plan.

He needed to know where the fuck Kyuubi has sent him anyway.

Notes:
You all realise that majority of Kakashi time-travel fic went back to Kannabi bridge mission, right?
And yes. Team 7 becomes one. And those three plus Kyuubi are definitely chilling in the bijuu mindscape as they watched their lazyass sensei flailed and tried to cope with the sudden change of the universe's biology as well as saving the world from Zetsu with their combined powers.
Naruto has too much fun laughing at Kakashi that Sasuke and Kurama have to work together to attempt booting him out of the mindscape. It didn't work.

A/N: This story was just amazing so I asked the real author for her permission to post this book here. This is my number one book now. Here is the link to the actual story. I'll be putting each chapter's link in author's note.
https://archiveofourown.org/works/16816201/chapters/39471847