Madness is the popular choice of coping it seems

Out of all the scenarios he imagined would happen in this impromptu rescue mission, this was not one of it.

"Sakumo-san," Minato breathed, blue eyes widened in surprise even though his stance remained ready and tensed. "What are you doing here?"

Kakashi blankly pointed at the half-conscious man in Minato's arms.

"I'm coming to bust him out, actually," he whispered, still not knowing whether to freak out in horror or to freak out in fanboying awe. "He is innocent."

Did he or did he not just caught his sensei committing a prison break?

Minato visibly exhaled a relieved breath.

"Dad commits a prison break," Naruto mused, almost sounding like he was choking in excitement. "Holy shit, he commits a prison break."

Sasuke snorted. "Guess your law-breaking tendency is a genetic trait, dobe."

"Shut up, Sasuke-teme! This is awesome!" Naruto screeched.

Kakashi flinched.

Loud. That was too loud.

"All hail the law-breaking Yondaime," Sakura deadpanned dryly.

"Sakura!!!"

Kakashi winced again at the loud voices in his mind but didn't let his guard down.

He was still in enemy territory after all.

Minato seemed to be in the same line of thought as him.

The blonde man shifted Setsuna in his arms, supporting the barely conscious man so that Setsuna was draped and tucked in his arms as he bent down to retrieve his dropped kunai. He eyed Kakashi with reasonable hesitance and wariness, seemingly to grow some doubts on his next course of action.

Then, Minato squared his shoulders, tightened his grip on the barely conscious Setsuna and reached out for Kakashi.

There was a tug and all of sudden they were in a completely different location.

"Holy shit."

Kakashi resisted the urge to flinch at the shocked gasp that slipped out of Kushina's lips.

"Mikoto," Minato huffed, placing Setsuna on the floor. "Can you please—" he said, gesturing at Setsuna.

Mikoto was about to kneel by Setsuna's side when Kakashi beat her to that. He tugged the hood of his cloak down, revealing the striking silver hair to his awed audience, and pointedly ignored the soft collective gasp of surprise that resounded in the room when he pulled off his mask, letting the blank carved wood to drop on the floor.

"Check his heartbeats and eyes," Sakura instructed, voice echoing in his mind, now serious. "Then, his chakra path."

Kakashi did as instructed, counting Setsuna's fading heartbeats before checking the young man's dilated eyes.

"Slowing heartbeats. Dilated pupils," Sakura pondered as Kakashi ran a glowing hand over Setsuna's forearm. "Coagulating blood," she listed down. "Huh. They tried to kill him using the old mercy pill."

There was a beat of deafening silence.

"Mercy whaaaatttt??" Naruto screeched again, but Kakashi was better prepared for it this time.

But damn, the boy has a loud voice, even as a disembodied imaginary presence.

Suicide pill used back in the Third War, Kakashi responded matter-of-factly.

"It was discontinued after the war for a more efficient suicide pill." Sakura chimed in. "Sensei, we need to dilute his blood before we could take the drug out of his system."