Idiocy, sass and all the feelings~

On extremely rare occasions, Obito enjoyed embracing his title as the idiot and dead-last of the class.

He didn't often do it, moreover around the elders of his clan, because such title would usually be followed with the extremely annoying speech of how that was the reason he should quit being a shinobi and just focused on being a good mother to his future pups.

It was irritating.

Sure, they kinda have a few valid points in their argument. Obito has always been a bit slow in picking up the shinobi skills. He struggled with the most basic of shuriken jutsu, despite the constant offers of training help from his clansmen. He couldn't produce a proper clone during his first graduation test, leaving him as the only one among his batch who has to repeat the test multiple times. He was hopeless in kenjutsu, despite that being the specialised skill set of literally every Uchiha ever.

The only time he was terrifying was when he worked in a team with Rin.

The only thing that he was extremely good at on his own was negotiating and diplomacy.

(He was a surprisingly good middle man between multiple violently opposing parties, but he credited that skill to the fact that it has always been him that has to break a fight within the clan, especially whenever Mikoto and Fugaku weren't around.)

In short, Obito knew that he was the worst shinobi ever existed in the Uchiha's history.

It didn't make it any less irritating though, to be forced to listen to the exact same speech every time he had the misfortune of being stuck with any of the elders.

Despite that, he tried his best regardless of his weaknesses, not letting their words become a hindrance for him.

As their words fell to his deaf ears, the elders switched tactics and started pushing him into entering the diplomat branch.

The branch itself wasn't bad despite the minimum action, as it provided him with a clear path to become a part of the administrative councillors that deal with the Daimyou—something that would surely boost the clan's standing among the paying nobles and the village's social hierarchy in general.

To be honest, Obito wouldn't mind going into that career path at all.

However, these old coots reasoned this decision because it meant Obito would have more time spent at home since he won't be sent to missions often. It was safer, they said. You wouldn't die young and childless, they said. Add that to their argument that it wouldn't be much of a loss to the village's military power if he chose to not be an active shinobi...

Well, that had Obito to nope the idea right off the bat.

It was super irritating, especially when he realised that he was the only one having been at the receiving end of such speech.

The girls of the clan didn't receive it despite being mostly omegas. He has never heard beta girls of his class received the same speech, and neither did other omega males from the smaller clans. Even civilian girls did not receive such speech from their family. He was the only one, just because he was one of a kind in his whole clan.

Why? Is he that special of a snowflake? The elders have always treated him like he was a prince and a prisoner—protected and cared for, but also being restricted in so many ways—that Obito didn't realise the sheer oddness of the treatment until Rin became a permanent part of his life. He has asked Fugaku and Mikoto about it—on why he was treated this way when he wasn't anyone special, considering that his grandmother was only half-Uchiha and his father hardly ever used his sharingan—but neither of them knew the reasoning. It has always been that way since his grandmother re-joined the clan, and Fugaku himself was clueless. The Clan Head only followed what the elders have dictated without knowing the reasoning behind it.