Power comes with insanity. Or voices in your head.

"God damn it, Kyuubi."

Those four words have become his personal mantra now, considering that it must have been the fifth or so times he grumbled that line to himself in the span of three minutes.

Kakashi really hated that stupid fox.

The Kyuubi didn't send him to some other place that was away from the war against Kaguya. Noooo, the stupid fox sent him to some other time, straight into another war.

The Third Shinobi War, to be precise.

God damn it, Kyuubi.

Because for all the power of a god damn bijuu, surely Kyuubi could give a little hint of Kakashi's whenabouts? At least a little note saying that he would be dropped in the period of war rather than discovering that on his own when a bunch of Iwa-nin tried to crush his skull with surprise doton jutsu the moment he hopped out of Kamui to scout his environment.

Bless Kamui. God, Kakashi adored Obito's auto-activated Kamui. He would've been a crushed pulp if not because of that ability.

But all in all, Kyuubi was the worst.

And has the worst freaking timing in all history of worst timing.

Kakashi phased through the Iwa-nin, dark cloak billowing with his movements as he swiped a kunai from his enemy and drove it through the man's throat in one smooth movement. The man gurgled, falling dead to the ground before his teammates could even react. Kakashi took the advantage of that moment of surprise, white lightning flickered in his hands as he phased through the falling body and lunged for his next kill.

Two Iwa-nin fell to their death—the last thing they saw was the seething cold fury of the flickering lightning that illuminated the blank white mask of their unknown assailant.

Kakashi pulled his hands out of the fallen nin and turned his attention towards the remaining standing members of Iwa squad.

"Get the omega away!" one of the Iwa-nin barked towards the pair that lagged at the back of the squad. "We'll hold him off."

The mismatched gaze of brilliant blue and bright green trailed to the retreating shadows, only to widen in recognition.

Then, red.

Red. Red. Red.

Kakashi could only see red.

He would recognise that dark blue and orange sleeve everywhere.

Obito.

He sniffed the air, taking in the scent of blood mingled with something much, much sweeter that made his mouth watered and—

Kakashi lost it.

Black flames erupted from nowhere, consuming the leader of the Iwa squad before the man could even seek for Kakashi's gaze from the eyeholes. Kakashi phased through the doton jutsu that was attempting to skewer him, gliding like an omen of doom—dark cloak billowing, white mask a stark contrast against his heavy hood and red eyes gazing murder to those who dared to meet his gaze—and like the grim reaper, he left deaths and scattered corpses in his wake.

When the lightning fade, there was not one soul of the Iwa troop that remained in their charred bodies.

Intercepting the retreating shadows were terribly easy, considering that they were already turning against each other by the time he ripped the dimension apart to appear right in front of them. Kakashi didn't bother to listen to their argument. He didn't bother to take notice on the way the female Iwa-nin curled her body in front of Obito' tattered one, one kunai pointed threateningly at her partner.