Dogs solve every problems. Someone should give the Hokage a dog.

Note: I kinda foreshadowed who is the main villain of this story. My muse said it is subtle, so you're gonna have to really squint and use all the magnifying glasses to look for it. Feel free to tell me your guess.

With Obito safely tucked in Kamui dimension, it was safe to assume that the Kannabi Bridge mission has happened and nothing could be done to change it.

Though, on a brighter note, Kakashi now knew that he has about one-month window before the mission that would end with Rin's death. Thus, he divided his waking time between training and plotting.

He knew he has to seek for Madara's hideout, having only bits from his Obito's villain monologue during the war to clue him to the exact location of the old Uchiha.

Rescuing this Obito has removed the main trigger for the disastrous events in the future, so Kakashi mainly prioritised to get rid of Madara now.

Then, he needed to find Zetsu and ended that bastard for good.

But Kakashi was not stupid either.

Butterfly effect was a real thing, and he knew that there was a chance that his interference may have changed the path of the future. Madara now has no successor, but what guarantee Kakashi would have that the psychotic Uchiha would not seek another victim as his successor? Then there were the mass deaths of the Iwa squad at his hands—something that he knew would affect the current war, whether positively or negatively, he has yet to see.

There were lots of works to do, and Kakashi was going into this blind.

He only has his theories and the occasional voices of his students to help him. He was aware that his current body was a bizarre mix of all four of them—the only logical explanation on why he would have his students' attributes that could only be genetic. Heck, the reason his body looked more like a lanky teenager than a full-grown man that he was before Kyuubi pulled this stupid time-travel shit was probably because this body was a combination of three sixteen-years-old and one twenty-eight years old. His students' age outweighed his own in that ratio, hence was probably the reason that this body was more teenager than adult now.

But then again, it was only a theory from logical thoughts he could pull out to explain his situation. He has no idea if it was true or not.

(He had thought that he looked like how he was when he was eighteen, but his voice occasionally cracked like he was starting puberty instead of nearing its end, thus Kakashi deemed that this body might be younger than eighteen and has sulkily resigned himself to go through puberty again.)

God damn it, Kyuubi.

In short, Kakashi has no idea whatsoever on how to save the future.

Thus, he started with the basic strategy—training and scouting.

He fully utilised Naruto's chakra reserve and uncanny durability of Kage Bunshin to send out a bunch of henged clones as scouts to supervise the situation. He sent a pair for each hidden village, slapping a seal that Minato has shown him back then on the clones to ensure that they would not be dispelled or have their henge be unveiled so easily. He sent another bunch of clones out to seek for Madara's hideout and Zetsu's whereabouts.

Once he was satisfied with his scouting team, Kakashi packed up and headed towards Uzushio.

To ensure that Kiri would not have the power of the Sanbi, Kakashi has chosen to interfere in that fated mission after Rin was turned into an unstable jinchuuriki. He would fix that seal before Rin could commit suicide at the hands of his younger self, and there was no better place to seek knowledge of seals than the ruins of Uzushio.