Well, that escalated quickly

Humans never cease to impress.

Give them the right motivation—a reason to fight—and humanity would exceed all expectations to achieve their goals. Kaguya has expected a tougher challenge to guide her new son to betray the village he so desperately fought for, but human's own love and lust for war has made it a terribly easy task for her.

Madara might be useless, but Danzou was useful.

Kaguya curled her fingers around the worn parchment, feeling the wrinkles and creases over the surface—a result from being held in a small grip for days—before she kept the scroll safe in one of her pocket dimensions. It has served its purpose, but she was going to keep it anyway, just in case if her new son needed motivational boost should he somehow wavered midway.

The love that Kakashi had for his father was so adorably endearing.

It caused her to quirk a tiny smile, silently thankful that Zetsu wasn't such a disappointment like the first time around. This Zetsu has a better understanding of human's feelings, allowing him to act accordingly to cement Kakashi's anger against his former village.

At least in this time, the manifestation of her will has acted smartly to trigger Kakashi into the path they both intended for the boy to take.

The guilt that one of Hatake Sakumo's comrade suffered after the failed mission, along with Danzou's meticulous needs of giving detailed instructions to ensure the success of his heinous traitorous deeds were proven useful to push her little boy.

A simple encrypted message detailing the specifics of White Fang's mission and the order to secure its failure was all that it was needed to turn the most loyal dog against their own master.

Kakashi's adamant persistence to return to Konoha died instantly the moment he wrestled the scroll from Zetsu and read the whole content. Kaguya saw the anguish that befallen the boy, the way mismatched eyes widened in shock, the way Kakashi's jaw slacked open once he finally registered Konoha's betrayal to his father before everything was drowned with pure grief.

She has held his small body in her embrace, rocking him on her lap as he sobbed and grieved to her chest.

Humans never cease to impress.

Danzou arranged for White Fang's mission to fail.

Konoha pushed Hatake Sakumo to suicide.

Little did they know that those acts would be the last nail to their coffin.

Kakashi has spent his recovery time by grieving.

He cried. He screamed. He threw tantrums.

He never let go of that encrypted message.

Every time Kaguya dropped by to visit him in his chamber, his eyes would be red and swollen. Tears streaked down his unmasked cheeks, and he didn't even try to pretend that he wasn't crying. The tears never stopped, but only mellowed down to sobs and sniffles when he nodded off to sleep instead.

The boy spent his calmer moments trembling in the cocoon of his blankets, holding on to the worn parchment with a deadly grip.

Kakashi would only crawl out of his cocoon when Kaguya sat by his bed, climbing onto her lap to desperately cling to her as he grieved to her chest.

It was so pathetic, it was sad.

On the fourth day of grieving—merely a week after she took him into her care—things changed.

Kaguya was looking over her balcony, gazing across the horizon of snow as she basked in the warm glow of sunrise. She has sent Zetsu away to retrieve some food for her human son and wasn't expecting any company in the next hour or so.