God Damn It , Everyone!

That foolish fox.

Kaguya pursed her lips, staring out to the serene scenery of her ice palace, all the while attempting to not be annoyed at the slight chill that has penetrated her skin.

She wouldn't have this mortal weakness if she was in her original body.

She wouldn't even need to bother herself finding a perfect tool to help her gain victory if she was in her original body.

But the foolish Kyuubi no Kitsune has ruined everything that she was supposed to achieve.

If the fox didn't interfere, she would've achieved her goals in a blink of an eye. Humanity would no longer be fighting in this useless, stupid war. Instead, they would be safe in the divine tree, living the life of their dreams and would no longer suffer any pain or hurt from losing the ones they love.

If only Kyuubi didn't interfere.

It would've been perfect. The boys that reminded her of her beloved traitorous sons would be transported into an alternate dimension—and they wouldn't even suffer long, because Kaguya has fully intended to send them to that one alternate timeline in the multiverse plane that was about to be erased from existence. If she had managed to send the boys there, they would die painlessly while she could go on saving the people of her universe from themselves.

However, the Kyuubi has interfered, desperately redirecting her handsign to the one that would combine her and the Juubi's husk together before attempting to send her to the fading alternate universe.

The foolish fox has intended to let both Kaguya and the Juubi's husk to be erased together with the disappearing timeline.

It was a risky move.

It didn't work as planned.

Instead, Kyuubi's interference has shattered both timelines and remoulded the original timeline with the fading one together to become a new universe that was the mix of the two. The Juubi's husk was erased in the process to form the new universe, being consumed as an energy source and later exploded to cause another anomaly that was not supposed to happen.

Not only that the Kyuubi has accidentally rewritten the timeline, but he also has sent them all back in time where everything that led towards the war that prompted her return began.

Everyone from the original timeline was thrown back to merge with their counterpart in the new one. They became one with their own self in this newly-created universe, completely oblivious on how close it was for them to be rescued from their own bloodlust back in the original timeline.

As for Kaguya, she has woken up in a coffin.

It deeply displeased her to discover that instead of sealing her like how it was in the original timeline, her traitorous sons have driven their swords through their mother's heart, killing her counterpart of this timeline. Hagoromo and Hamura have kept her corpse in a tomb built on the moon to avoid her body from being looted, before they left their mother—the Kaguya of this timeline—to rest in peace on the moon for eternity.

When she was thrown into this rewritten timeline, her soul didn't merge with her counterpart because Ootsutsuki Kaguya of this new timeline has died thousands of years ago at the hands of her own sons.

The tome detailing the events of the fall of the goddess was left in the tomb, right at the feet of the coffin that Kaguya has woken up in, written in Hamura's grieving hands and illustrated with Hagoromo's loving touch.

Kaguya didn't know why she took the tome with her as she returned to Earth to regain what that was rightfully hers.

It didn't matter. She has a goal to accomplish.