2

"Congratulations once again Arachnid," Lord Megatron praised the insecticon femme.

"Thank you Lord Megatron," she knelt down and bowed, with a boastful tone of course.

Megatron sneered over his shoulder, "keep this up and perhaps you may take Starscream's position." Starscream was left with his mouth wide open.

"You're too kind Lord Megatron," Arachnid stood up and headed for the doors.

I entered the bridge as I heard Arachnid's pedes pass by me, "Lord Megatron, I am here at your request."

"Of course Y/N, you will be assisting in the lab alongside a trusted comrade of ours, Shockwave," Megatron gestured the newly, well not exactly but arrived Shockwave who just witnessed the Arachnid fiasco. "This is Y/N, she has worked alongside myself almost as long as Soundwave."

I have no idea how tall Shockwave is so I twitched my helm several times and gave a slight bow hopefully he gets it. I held a servo and when I felt a different servo return my gesture my spark was relieved. "It is a pleasure, I have read your performance record before."

"Understood, I assure you I will perform to your expectations," I stated firmly, though I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous.

"As you may have observed, Y/N has a lack of sight. However, this does not give you any right to look down on her, for she has performed magnificently, I assure you will be satisfied with her outstanding performance," Megatron huskily said as I took a slight exhale, he once again peeped at Starscream's reaction. "You both are dismissed and get to work."

----

Shockwave watched as I wielded my blade to guide my steps and later used the walls of the Nemesis to guide myself to the lab.

"Do you require assistance, Y/N?" I heard him ask in his deep voice. It suddenly sent shivers as I have never been asked that before, yes really. Nobody has bothered to help me but it's for the better as Lord Megatron expects me to have no excuses.

"No thank you, I appreciate your concern Shockwave. I have memorised the halls of the ship that allowed me to get around, there is a slight distorted crack on one of the walls which is my signal to make a right turn and head to the lab," I explained kindly trying to look in his direction the best I could.

"I am impressed by your efforts in recognising the details of the ship," Shockwave monotonously complimented. I understood he lacked emotions and did not understand them but I was completely alright. Him showing concern and acknowledgement is already a plus.

We eventually reached the lab. "How much do you know about Predacons?" He asked.

"With my lack of sight I obviously don't know what they look like. I could only imagine their beast like, but I have studied about Predacon fossils and bones, but it is still quite minimal," I replied. "I must apologise if my lack of sight may cause inconveniences to the topic."

"Illogical. Your ample knowledge of Predacon fossils and your efforts in accommodating yourself on this ship will prove valuable, no apologies are needed," Shockwave added.

I couldn't help but feel 'butterflies' in my stomach, Lord Megatron has complimented me dozens of times but working with someone else in the lab is very different since I was usually alone. I am beginning to perhaps treasure this company I've been missing out for long.

----

"We would have to record the data into the monitors " Shockwave said the next step after we analyzed an old fossil he picked up along the way.

"Alright, I will get to it," I acknowledged and got ready to key in the data.

Shockwave tilted his helm in confusion, "how is it possible that you are able to get the data, and record it down?"

I placed my digits on the keyboards where they should be, "it is not an issue. I have memorised every monitor and their keys on this ship with my digits. My speed may be a little slow but I only wish to ensure I do not make a mistake. As for receiving the data, I have installed audio recorders and sensors that allows me to hear rather than see." I took a breath for a second, and began typing.

With his helm only being one optic, Shockwave watched me type. I could feel a sense of someone staring deep into my spark even with the lack of sight. I remained calm and let my digits type.

Shockwave's POV

I watched as Y/N's digits gracefully entered the data received from her self installed audio sensors. I glanced at the screen and everything she typed was accurate with no mistakes. Her accuracy and precision is remarkable.

Her remark about being slow is illogical, I believe it is at an acceptable speed for someone who lack sight, which earned Lord Megatron's approval. I have concluded that she, as Lord Megatron stated, is a valuable assistant.

END