Chapter Five

Ruby closed the fridge door. "Ummm.....sure why not? I'll go out with you tomorrow."

"Really?"

She shrugged. "Yeah."

"Fantastic! I'll see you tomorrow then." He exclaimed happily before leaving.

Ruby caught him at his car door. "David! What time?"

"Oh ya, ummm 7:30 sound good?"

"Sounds perfect. See you then." She sent him a smile.

Ruby came barging in through her parent's door. "What are you doing here?" Papi asked.

"And dressed so nice," Michael added as he took in her outfit of a green leopard baby doll dress with a medium black belt across the waist and black fishnet stockings.

Heading for her old room, Ruby called back, "I left my matching shoes here last time I stayed over."

"But that still does not explain the outfit," Papi asked while he and Michael followed her.

Ruby looked over her shoulders. "I have a date."

"With who?" They asked at the same time.

Ruby continued going through her stuff as she answered them. "With Hodges. Well, his first name is David."

"What happened to Gil?" asked Michael.

Finding her shoes stuffed away in her closet, Ruby stood. "Hodges is one of Gil's co-workers. It just happened he asked me out first. He is a really nice guy."

"But I thought you like the other guy?" Michael asked.

"I do, but if I remember correctly I was told by both of you I should do my best to never turn away something that makes me smile. Both of them do and I have a feeling with Gil I could be waiting a while if he ever does ask me out. I'll see you guys later. Love you." Giving them each a kiss on the cheek, she rushed out.

8:30 rolled around and Hodges hadn't even called to say he might be a little late. Getting tired of waiting – not to mention she couldn't call him because she didn't have his number - Ruby went to the crime lab.

"What is with you CSI people and not calling?" Ruby stood in the doorway of where Hodges worked with her hands on her hips, still all dolled up.

Both Hodges and Greg looked up and their mouths dropped open. "What are you doing here?" Greg asked.

"David and I had a date tonight."

Hodges gasped. "I didn't call!" He exclaimed.

"Why do you think I came by? Besides the fact, I don't have your number to call you about this and I don't think you have my number either."

Hodges got up. "I am so sorry. A case came in and I got called in and I was so wrapped up in it our date escaped my mind." Looking her up and down, "And you're looking so...." His eyes went up and down her again.

"Gorgeous, hot, beautiful take your pick. You know what why don't you pick all of them 'cause that is how I'm looking this very moment." She smiled, scrunching her nose.

He made a sad face. "It doesn't look like I'll be able to leave."

"Bummer. You two hungry?" They both answered in the affirmative. "Ok, I'll run and get us some food. How does that sound?"

Hodges looked towards Greg then back to Ruby. "Sounds good."

"Be back in a jiffy," Ruby called.

She returned later with two large bags of food. "That smells good," Hodges said.

"What did you get?" Greg rummaged through one of the sacks.