Chapter Ten

A few people had already went by the time Grissom sat down. Three more girls went before Ruby came. The whole left side erupted in a giant roar causing Ruby to blush a little. She waved at them when she reached the announcer for her question.

"Can you please say your name for us and where you are from." He said.

Smiling, Ruby began, "Hi I am Ruby and I am from Las Vegas, Nevada." More cheers went through the crowd.

"Now for your question." He held out a bowl half filled with folded papers. Ruby reached in pulling one of them out. The announcer unfolded the paper and asked. "Who is your ideal boyfriend and why?"

Ruby grinned broadly as Grissom's co-workers all looked to him. "What are the odds of that?" Nick laughed.

"My ideal boyfriend is older, intelligent, quirky, always makes jokes at the oddest times and has a weird fascination with bugs. And why because that's who I am kind of seeing now. And just thinking about him makes me smile and how he makes me laugh at the most random times. To me, that's my ideal boyfriend."

Everyone cheered when she finished. "Thank you, Ruby." Smiling, Ruby left the stage.

The next stage was the talent portion. Ruby quickly went to the back and change, not forgetting to grab her props for her talent. One of her friends placed her props in the middle of the stage, which consisted of a hula hoop and some juggling clubs that were placed outside the hula hoop.

When the music started playing Ruby came out doing a few backflips before going into a handstand. She walked on her hands till she was in the middle of the hula hoop. As the hula hoop went around her waist she moved her foot under the juggling clubs and tossed them up in the air, she made a swift reach catching them in her hands. It made everyone clap. Placing both clubs in one hand, her free one made another swift move lightening the hula hoop and clubs on fire. That caused a gasp within the crowd.

Everyone clapped when she tossed a club behind her back and caught it. After doing some more tricks with the clubs as the hula hoop went around her waist still on fire, she blew out the clubs then tossed them in the empty bucket that was placed next to her during her talent. Ruby then brought the hula hoop up to her neck.

Warrick looked over to Grissom. "Why didn't you tell us she was able to do this?"

"Because I didn't know myself." He shrugged.

They watched as she spun the hula hoop on her arm then toss it in the air, do a back flip then catch it, just in time as the song ended. Her side of the room went crazy when she finished. Cheering and whistling at her performance. Ruby doused the flames before bowing to leave the stage.

After Ruby finished with her talent she quickly changed to the last part - the beauty portion. She quickly slipped into her dress.

As Michael zipped her up Franklin touched up her make-up. When the two were done they had someone else do her hair. Her hair was curled and a medium strand on either side of her hair was twisted and pulled back; they connected at the back of her hand with a matching blue hair clip. Her dress was a baby blue and strapless; sparkles covered the bodice as it trickled light down her dress.

Ruby had some visitors as she was putting her shoes on. Franklin leaned over. "Are those all the people Gil works with?" He whispered.

Looking around she spotted his team, she waved at them to get their attention. "Yeah. Hey you guys."

"That talent was awesome," Nick said.

Warrick nodded. "Amazing. Where did you learn such a thing?" He asked.

"From one of the drag queens my dad's knowledge. The guy used to work with the circus. The guy is the coolest person ever."

Sara was looking around. "You're right. It's a freak show."

"Told you." Ruby laughed.

"Hey, why didn't you tell us you're famous among pageants?" Hodges asked.

Playing with her dress, Ruby glanced at him. "What do you mean?"

"We overheard two girls talking about you and the Miss Perfection Pageant," Catherine answered.

Laughing, Ruby replied, "That was my last pageant – well supposedly my last. What pissed the girls off here was all the crowns I won. They were mad because I don't take the pageant world as seriously as they do. The only good thing that came from all this was it paid for some of my college."

"And the whole perfect score didn't help them like you either." Smiled Eliza.

Ruby grinned. "That was the icing on the cake there. And what makes it even better no one has been able to get it but me and it doesn't mean that much to me like it would someone who lives and breathes pageants."

"Did you really tap dance and juggle clubs on fire?" Warrick asked.

Ruby nodded. "Pageant world is a slit your throat to get to the top world. It's either go big or go home. So tap dancing with fire clubs here I come."

"There is something wrong with you," Eliza told her.

Tossing some hair over her shoulder, Ruby shrugged. "It comes with my uniqueness. Speaking of unique, where's Gil?"

Everyone looked around but no one knew where he was, but before anyone could do anything more they were going to do the crowning.

All the parents and friends that were in the back returned to the seats. All the girls took their turn to walk the stage in the final category. After everyone went they all walked on the stage to hear who made the final five and then to see out of the finale five who placed and where.

Grissom sighed as he left Brass' office and headed to his office rubbing his face some. He walked around his desk and sat behind it. Removing his glass he rubbed his eyes again. Opening them he found a present sitting on his desk.

Ruby stood before him and she pointed at the crown. "Not only did I place as you wanted, but I won the entire thing. I won the Aphrodite Pageant looking damn hot in this dress here, and you weren't there to see it."

"I'm sorry." He said back in his chair with the crown in his hand.

Making her way to him, Ruby said, "The way I see it is, you owe me."

"I do?"

Ruby nodded as she stood in front of him. "Big time. I don't even know what you could even do to make it up for me winning the goose that lays the golden egg...."

Grissom stood making the gap between them even smaller and causing Ruby to trail off in her rant. Smirking, Ruby grabbed Gil's shirt and pulled him into a kiss.

The two were lying in Ruby's bed with their lips locked when her cell went off. "Are you going to answer that?" Grissom asked after a few rings.

"I have been waiting forever to kiss you and after winning the crown in the Aphrodite Pageant today. Whoever it is can wait. I'm not done calling in my favor." Reaching over Ruby put her cell on silent.

"Is this all you had planned?" He asked.

Biting on the inside of her cheek, she placed the crown on Gil's head before getting off the bed. Gil watched as she reached to the back of her dress and unzipped it. Ruby let the dress pool at the bottom of her feet.

Ruby stood before him in just her underwear "There is more." She smirked.

THE END