Chapter Six

They pulled up to a house just outside of town. "You don't have to come in," Ruby said.

"It's ok." Grissom said as he got out of the car.

They could hear screaming from outside and Ruby turned to him. "Listen Gil it's going to get crazy. The two of them shouldn't even be together till after they have been through some anger management classes."

"If they're like that, then why do you even go?" Gil asked.

"Roger's angry because he tried to play it straight thinking that he wasn't really gay and that it was some weird faze. So he had a kid with some girl hoping that it would so call fix what he had but it didn't. And after his kid was born he realized he was truly and utterly gay. But seeing his son made him love the thing like crazy, Kyle was his world. Then when the girl decided to move away to Maine she took Kyle with him no matter how much he protested. And that just set off his anger. Then you have Roy who doesn't know how to manage his anger and/or rage. So when he gets mad he gets verbal to everyone, and Roger takes it personally all the freaking time. So when Roy gets upset he takes it out on Roger and then Roger's anger about his kid gets taken out on Roy. It's messed up I know but apparently, I am a master at making them calm, I don't even know why." Ruby replied before heading for the house.

When they walked inside the house a crash immediately rang through the place; then some more yelling was soon to follow. Grissom trailed behind Ruby as she went into the living room that was to the right of them. He watched a book go flying across the room and hit the wall behind them. It didn't seem to even stun her, but Gil looked at the book in amazement that someone could through such a thing.

Ruby held out a hand. "Stay here." She ordered him though not unkindly.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

She nodded. "Yeah, things will be ok." She went over to the arguing couple. "Hey, you two what seems to be the issue?" She said sweetly.

"He doesn't think I'm hot anymore! He thinks I'm getting fat." Roy pointed to Roger.

Holding up her hands, Ruby said, "I highly doubt that Roy."

"I do think he is getting fat because he thinks I am stupid and uneducated," Rodger yelled.

She sighed. "Listen, belittling one another is not going to solve anything. You are not fat and you are not stupid or uneducated. Roy, you own one of the best gyms around and you Roger went to Harvard and is one of the best lawyers around. Now stop being mean and calm down."

"I will do no such thing." Rodger picked up a vase on the coffee table and threw it at Roy.

Roy ducked before going for something hard to throw back. "Seriously you two. What has all this fighting really accomplished? Nothing but anger and hate towards one another. Now stop all this at once." Ruby demanded.

Grissom stood off to the side watching what was going on, then a body moved next to him. "Who are you?" The stranger asked.

"Gil; I'm with Ruby." He answered.

Pointing at him, the stranger said, "I heard you were on a date with her tonight when they found Ruby. Sorry about this."

"It's ok." Grissom waved a hand.

The stranger held out his hand. "I'm Tim." They shook hands. "How long have you two been here?"

"Not long. Do they do this often?" Grissom asked.

Tim shrugged. "This is the first fight in like a few months I believe. But don't worry should only be a few minutes. She's good at calming them and then you could return to your date."