Chapter Seven

Ruby decided to be an announcer at bingo that night since she wasn't really feeling up to playing. Another day had passed and she still hadn't heard from Grissom, which put her in a funk and in no mood to play bingo.

They had a mini break after a few rounds for everyone to use the restroom and get some refreshments; when she returned to the stage she saw Grissom sitting in the front row.

Ruby stayed on the stage. "What are you doing here?"

"Came to play some bingo." He told her.

She placed her hands on her hips. "Is this your way of calling me?"

"Maybe."

Someone yelled a 'let's start', but Ruby ignored him. "So was I too forward on our date?"

"No." He got up, making his way to her.

Another person said something and Ruby shouted, "I have five more minutes before I start so hold your freaking horses!" She crouched down at the edge of the stage. "What are you really doing here?"

"Was it absolutely necessary to send Hodges to talk to me?" He asked.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time." Ruby laughed.

"Your five minutes are up!" Someone yelled from the back row.

"Shut your trap, Alfred! She's talking with her boyfriend!" Estelle yelled at him.

Ruby blushed profusely. "Yeah, I forgot to tell you that Estelle has it in her mind that we're boyfriend and girlfriend. She's been thinking that from when you first met her."

"It's ok."

Still blushing, Ruby asked cautiously, "So are we going out again?"

Grissom smiled. "Maybe."

Ruby pulled Gil up on the stage with her. "Ok everyone, the prize for this round is not only just a cash prize but a date with my lovely friend here -Gil."

"What about us guys? We don't want a date with a man!" Alfred called.

"I will be the men's date if a guy wins," Ruby replied with a smirk.

"What do you think you are doing?" Grissom whispered at her.

She went over to the bin that held the little white plastic balls. "Maybe you should stop giving me 'maybes' as answers."

Ruby was coming out of the locker rooms after she changed for the seals the next day when she found Grissom waiting for her.

"How was your date?" She giggled, pulling her hair up in a ponytail.

"You owe me," Grissom announced as he pushed himself off of the wall.

"The only thing that I owe you is from when you attended the BBQ; this you brought on yourself." She headed for the seal tank.

Grissom walked with her. "How so?"

"You keep giving 'maybes' as answers. I don't like that. Maybe is what you tell a child if they want a candy bar or to go to the zoo and you want them to forget it. That's what 'maybes' are for."

Gil's eyebrow arched. "Your parents said maybe to you one too many times."

She gasped. "You don't want to go out with me again! I was too forward." She stopped just outside of the seal's tank.

"If you didn't send me on that surprise set up yesterday we could've gone on a date."

"Why did you say maybe when I asked you if you came to ask me out?" Ruby growled.