Fenris (Dragon Age 2) X Trans!Male Reader - Fluff

Requested by deanwritesm8

Art by Daria Savchuk on ArtStation

[A/n: I don't know this character personally, however, I did extensive research and hope I did him justice! Enjoy the first chapter to the newest addition of Male! Character X Male! Reader One-Shots! The voting poll is below, will post every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (hopefully). Requests are Open!!]

It had been a long day. 

Today was one of those days when you two got separated and Fenris demanded Hawke to take you home and make sure that you were safe. You aren't much of the fighting type, you hate swords and Fenris hates mages so that left you with your wits, which were few and far between. Hawke always listened to Fenris making sure that you made it back to the home that you inherited when your parents both died at the hands of Danarius searching for you. But you were quick and quiet and well behaved enough to know to hide out of sight and stayed out of sight for most of your life.  You feared that any day Danarius would find you, but about 2 years ago Hawke, Fenris, and a couple more people walked up to your door and knocked. That's when you fell in love and found out that hiding was no longer a concern because the man that fueled your fears at night was dead. 

With Hawke's hand at the small of your back guiding you away from seeing Fenris tear into whoever he was fighting, you thought back to how often Fenris checked in on you after the initial meeting. It felt as if he were worried for you because you had "no way to protect yourself" and in the beginning it was weird. You hardly remembered your parents and thinking back to someone who worried about you, a memory like that didn't exist. So, needless to say a couple months of Fenris fawning and worrying and bringing you food, and stressing about carrying a weapon and everything he did, got quite annoying but you found yourself staring at the small dagger that he gave you three months into knowing you, more and more and at this moment when Fenris was out of view, you could only cling to it praying and wishing that Fenris won't die. 

"He will come home to you, I swear it." Hawke said in a slightly bitter tone trying not to leave your side and go fight beside Fenris'. You knew that they shared a special bond, one that Fenris often bragged about since bonds were rare when he was a slave and it was even more rare to find someone to fight for his life and for his freedom like Hawke did and still does. 

"I'm more worried if this killing will be his undoing," you admitted your biggest fear to Hawke, he is quite easy to talk to. "He's killed enough, and done enough, I think it is time for him to bask in his freedom and have time to build a future without the thought of Danarius eating at his mind." You chanced a glance back to the direction of Fenris as if your look would bring him to your side. At least the other two in Hawke's little gang of misfits were with Fenris to keep him safe and sane. 

"It will be alright, he'll be home before you know it. His sanity has never slipped once. The man he is may have been carved by Danarius, but in any case, he is the man he is today by his own right."

You thought on those words, Hawke has known Fenris for years longer than you have known him, but unlike Hawke, you and Fenris live together and love each other deeper than Hawke could ever dream of. So your worry was a little more deeply rooted than a few encouraging words could lift from your chest. In order to calm your heart, you counted your footsteps and said the colors of the ever-changing cobblestone below to ease your mind. You tried to think back to when Fenris asked to move in, you thought he hated Kirkwall and that he was ready to leave when Hawke said the word, but with a small bag clinging to his back and his pleading puppy dog eyes you couldn't deny the request of your 4 months long (at the time) boyfriend. You had an extra room if he was uncomfortable sharing one so it wasn't that big of a deal in the beginning.