Lesson Twenty-Seven

Lesson Twenty-Seven - It's OK If People Don't Like You. Most People Don't Even Like Themselves.

It was now Saturday night and I was completely bored. Sky was away with Jake to LA and I actually wished now I said I would go. I don't even know why I said I didn't want to go in the first place. I was starting to think I need to get my head tested.

Walking down the grand marble steps of my house I noticed Riker talking on the phone to someone. He always seemed to be on his phone. I guessed you had to always keep in contact with the people when you ran one of the biggest gangs in the country.

"I'll be there soon don't worry." He rolled his eyes and hung up on the person he was talking to. As he put his phone in his back pocket he looked at me as I walked down the rest of the steps. "What are you doing here?"

I gave him a pointed look like he was stupid. "I live here, if anything I should be asking you that."

He rolled his eyes once again like I was the stupid one. "I mean it's Saturday night and you are in your house. Quite frankly and no offence you look like a homeless person."

I looked down at my outfit that I had been in all day. A large oversized grey hoody that I was pretty sure was one of my brothers and leggings. My hair was up in a large bun on the top of my head and had no make up on.

"A good place to put your opinion is up your ass." I stuck up my middle finger right in his face as I walked past. He just looked amused as I started to walk towards the kitchen.

"I guess your not doing anything tonight then?" He called out after me. There was something in his voice that told me he wanted something.

"No why?" I asked turning on my heel giving him a suspicious look.

"Your brother told me you used to be one hell of a street racer when you were with Zane." I heard the bite in tone when he mentioned Zane's name but other than that the sentence was light hearted. This made me frown even more, he definitely wanted something.

"I love cars so obviously I'm going to be skilled in driving them." I shrugged. "Plus it was the one thing I knew I could bring to the table when I was with them. There would always be someone stronger or smarter than me but I always knew that I was the best driver they had."

"I'm sure I don't agree with the rest of that statement but I will admit from what I've seen you can drive." He gave me a cunning grin. "So do you want to do me a favour?"

For the first time I took over his appearance. He was wearing a white simple top with his leather jacket thrown over the top or it. His dogs tags hanging around his neck where I could see tattoos peaking out around his collar bone. His leather jacket sleeves were pulled up so I could see the tattoos on his forearms and hands. Every detail was lying there waiting for me to study them. I was always so curious of his tattoos the same way he was of mine. I love his tattoos though it was like they told a story. A story I don't think I would ever get enough off.

He looked ready to go out and with our little chat at the moment I guessed he was going to the underground. A popular street race that happened every Saturday night. I know because I used to go when I was with Zane. The only difference was no one knew it was me back then. I always kept my face hidden but that wasn't of my own choice, that was all to do with Zane.

"You want me to race don't you?" It wasn't really a question, I knew the answer.

"Your brother told me you were the masked racer." Something flashed over his shinny grey eyes but I didn't quite catch it. For a moment I thought he was amazed but then I changed my mind. There was nothing to be a amazed about. I was just another street racer back then.