Lesson Forty-Four

Lesson Forty-Four - A Queen Isn't Born, She Is Made.

Zane Knight. The boy who had brought so many problems to my life from we were kids. The boy that knew everything about me and how to get under my skin. The boy, who if he really wanted to could probably ruin my life. He wouldn't though. He wasn't that type of person no matter what other people say. I was pissed with him I wasn't going to lie about that. I couldn't understand how everything was going on in his own house and he didn't know never mind anything else. How much control had he lost after everything that had happened between the two of us.

Zane's gang had been on power with Riker's when we were together but since everything, I've done nothing but watch them fall from grace day by day. Zane probably thought I never noticed but I did. He was losing control and it was about time I knocked some sense into him. He was never as dominate or as smart as Riker but loyalty was what drove him and his family. All that seemed to be out the window now and I didn't care what was going on with them in honesty but they were now putting my family in danger. For that he needed to pay.

Storming over to his car I watched as he got out not evening noticing I was here. Now that I took a good hard look at him I noticed that he wasn't the same person I had been once in love with. There was something going on but it wasn't my job to fix his problems anymore and it never would be. We were over with and it would stay that way. Zane would never be that person again after everything and the person he was now isn't the type of person I need in my life.

"Lyra?"

I didn't say anything as I got closer and I could see the questionable look on his face. I could feel my fist tighten with every step I took. My nails cutting into the skin on my palm. I was sure I was drawing blood but I didn't care. This boy needed to get his shit together before I took matters into my own hands.

Without another breath or even a glance to see who was watching I punched him square in the jaw. I could feel a large crack under the pressure but I knew I didn't break anything the same way I was sure I didn't break his jaw. I would never hit him that hard. As much as he pissed me off most of the time I couldn't do something like that. I didn't hate him.

He was leaning against his car completely thrown off balance. Hearing the gasps of other students around me I could see there shocked faces and seen some of them even start to talk out their phone. I wasn't going to stand here and be their entertainment of the day. The last thing I needed was the press seeing this and starting their own story on what is happening. Not that I really cared they were coming up with their own stories about my family every day.

"ALRIGHT YOU HAD YOUR FUN, GET TO FUCKING CLASS!"

Every single person must have heard the venom in my voice because before I even finished my sentence everyone was running back into the school. It wasn't long before it was just me and Zane standing in the car park. I knew Riker was still standing a bit off but I knew he wasn't going to butt in. I didn't even care if he was about to hear what was going to go down between me and Zane. I only had one thing on my mind and it was make sure I got through to this coward of a boy who's Empire was falling before his eyes.

"What was that for now?"

Zane's voice was low like he couldn't even be bothered to put up a fight. It wasn't the first time I hit him lately and frankly the way things were going it probably wouldn't be the last.

"Why the hell was Nisha Brooks in your house? Also why the fuck did she kidnap my mother? and if you even think about lying to me I will make sure you regret it." I growled out the last part of that sentence in warning. This boy had better think twice before trying to twist or pin the blame else were. I wasn't in the mood for his shit and I knew all his tricks better than anyone.