Crymini x Reader (To Tame a Wolf)

Author's Note: This oneshot has been requested by @~fibonacci~ on Amino! And the picture up above belongs to Vivziepop.
WARNING: A possible abundance of strong language ahead in this chapter. Most notably the 'F' word. Reader discretion is advised.
________________________________

Crymini wasn't the easiest resident at the hotel to work with. Scratch that, it was downright impossible. You'd learned fairly quickly that the delinquent teen wolf didn't respond well to authority, and so being assigned tasks with her could sometimes pose a challenge.

Today was no different, when Vaggie had enlisted you both to get some tools from the store downtown. Seemed simple, right?

Wrong...

Crymini insisted to know why she couldn't do this by herself. It was only a few tools after all; nothing that required two people to carry. When Vaggie replied that it would be late by the time they returned and she didn't want either of them out by themselves, she got the look.

"It's not like I can't fucking handle myself." The wolf girl insisted, crossing her arms.

You, on the point of being dumbfounded by how easily people these days were offended, rolled your eyes at this remark. Crymini noticed and shot you a glare.

"You got a fuckin' issue?"

Before you could respond, Vaggie cut in once again with a tired 'not in the mood for this nonesense' tone. "Look, it's not the end of the world. I just need you both-" She gave the delinquent female a pointed look. "-to do this one favor for me. Okay?"

And then she left before anyone could offer up more protest. Crymini grumbled to herself, and then glanced at you... before a sly smile came across her face. Before you could even question, she snatched the money Vaggie left for them to buy tools and bolted straight out the door. Your eyes widen and you rush in an attempt to catch up with her, but it was no use. Out of the two of you, of course Crymini was going to be faster. There was nothing to do about that.

You gave a heavy exhale, watching her rapidly retreating form bound away before she turned the corner and disappeared. You wondered a moment if it was even worth going after her over. With a grimace and slightly annoyed expression, you followed at as swift a pace you could manage without full on running. Vaggie would kill you if you didn't at least attempt to go with Crymini to the store. At least this way you won't be the one getting chewed out.

You cared about Crymini, you really did, but her attitude and nature of defiance made her difficult to work with. When the two of you were just hanging out, being adolescents and wild, things were fine. The moment any hint of authority came into the picture, it was as though a switch was flipped.

After a long while, you finally near the store... and hear a horrible sound. Crying. Your eyes widen, somewhat recognizing the pitch and you halt, looking towards the dark alley at the side of the store. It was quiet, but noticeable and followed by a few sniffles here and there. You peek into the alley and see a familiar wolf demon with her head between her knees, clearly attempting to suppress sobs.

You came forward cautiously. "Crymini...?"

She snaps her head up with surprise, and attempts to give a growl as though she were angry at being bothered, but you could hear the hurt behind it. "What the fuck do you want? I thought I ditched you!"

On any other day, you would have retaliated harshly at her attitude, but you noticed there was a bit of blood on her clothes, her right eye a little bruised beneath the fur, and you were slowly able to piece together what had happened. You came forward and slid on the ground next to her, and before the wolf girl could ask what you were doing, you wrapped your arms around her. At first, she cursed like a sailor and tried to push you off with the exclamation that she was fine, but gradually, as she realized your comforting hold wasn't going to yield, she broke down into sobs.

You let her cry into your shoulder, rubbing her back comfortingly and just holding her until she calmed down enough to speak.

"Th... They took the money..." Crymini admitted and clenched her teeth. "I tried to stop them..."

"It's okay." You soothed.

"N-No it isn't... I fucked up!" Her expression grew more pained. "Like I always do."

You pulled away slightly and looked her straight in the eyes. "We all mess up. It's not just you. Trust me, I've been there. Now come on... We'll grab the tools and get home as quick as possible."

She furrowed her brows with confusion as you helped her up. "But... I lost the money."

"I'll pay for it so Vaggie doesn't chew you out. No one has to know. And whether you like it or not, we're getting a first aid kit along with it." You grinned teasingly, to assure the troubled teen there was no bitterness on your part.

Crymini pursed her lips in a frown, but for once in her life found a sense of consolation in your expression. Letting her guard down a little, she mumbled, "Fine... Whatever."

You both got everything and left, making sure to hurry back before you were both unlucky enough to be robbed again. After that, people noticed a gradual change in Crymini's attitude. While it was still rude and she still dropped the f-bomb in every other sentence... she seemed less on edge. Especially around you. The day you both walked in holding hands and pretending like nothing was wrong in the world was the day everyone at the hotel's jaws dropped.

But Crymini didn't mind. She had you, and you had her. To her, that's all that mattered.