Alastor x Reader (The Gift): Part 2

Author's Note: This was requested by @HeartbrokenFox 👍👌 Artwork belongs to me.
____________________________________

Y/n was upset...

It was obvious to everyone at the hotel, but no matter who tried to inquire, they were hard set on not giving the reason why.

But Alastor knew.

At least, he had a feeling he knew. Y/n was out of sorts and looking downright disappointed since the Christmas celebration several days before. Did giving the gift mean that much to them? But it wasn't as though Alastor could up and tell Y/n there was nothing to be upset about. That would lead to questions as to why he took the present early to begin with, and he didn't want to mistakingly lead them to thinking he'd been searching under the chance someone had given him a gift.

Perhaps he was overthinking the entire situation, and Y/n would be perfectly happy just to know it had gotten into his intended possession.

He rolled the trinket around, fiddling with it in his pocket absentmindedly as he watched Y/n (very sadly, he might add) wash dishes. They sometimes helped out with that, given it was the one generalized chore that Nifty didn't enjoy.

Considerate, but he would expect nothing less of his darling Y/n...

Alastor owlishly blinked, finding something sounded a little funny about his last thought. He ran it through his head again and easily pin-pointed the error.

...his darling Y/n.

He didn't know whether to be appalled or just generally confused that such a cheesy line ran through his own private contemplation. His face burned slightly, and he attempted to push the matter away as a mere accident. It wasn't the strangest or most sudden thing to run through his mind.

Alastor closed his entire hand around the circular pendant, pressing it tightly against his palm so that it would leave little prints of the runes and symbols against it.

"Hey candy cane! Whatcha' got there~?" Alastor tensed and internally grumbled as the voice sounded from his side. Angel Dust... the perfect person to have around if you hold complete disdain for peace and quiet.

"My microphone." He answered bluntly, as it was firmly in his other hand, and hoped in vain that Angel would find some reason to leave.

"You know that's not what I'm talkin' about." The fallen mobster grinned cheekily. "You've had your hand down your pants for the last hour~"

Y/n, overhearing this, seemed to turn around from the dishes and look over. Alastor felt the offhand embarrassment like a slap to the face, and responded by swiftly nailing Angel in the head with his microphone, giving a glare partnered with a threatening smile.

"My hand is in my pocket. Not down my pants." He hissed as Angel rubbed his head in slight pain, the crude and teasing smile never leaving his face.

"Oh, right~ You were just moving your hand in circles in your pocket while drooling at Y/n. My bad~"

The implication following Angel's inappropriate and suggestive accusation left a stunned silence in the room.

This idiot had a death wish.

He yanked his hand out of his pocket and made a clear attempt to grasp Angel's throat. However, swiftly and before Alastor could lose control and rip into the perverted spider's guts like a meaty rag doll, he made a mad dash for the door, finally sensing he had pushed one too many buttons, and slipped out unscathed. Fingers grasping air, the Radio Demon regretted not making the move to attack sooner, but remembering Y/n had stopped to watch, calmed from his near state of rage. Embarrassment and a minor feeling of discomfort that he was foreign too settled into his mind as he turned and met their flustered and wide eyed expression.