Alastor x Reader (Deep in the Water)

There was something so nostalgic about the crashing of waves. The way they would crawl up the beach and then quickly retreat back into an endless body of water. You'd grown up near the ocean, learned at a very young age to swim and surf. Put simply, the sea was as much a part of you as you were of it. 

And so, when Charlie recommended a trip to the beach, you were quicker than anyone to hop on board. Yes, despite what many would have assumed, Hell did have a beach and oceans. Sure, the oceans were a considerable amount more deadly than the ones back on earth, but that didn't stop you from going. In fact, it almost drew you closer. As if the dark depths called out to you.

"Someone is looking jittery~" An all too familiar voice noted from behind. 

You smiled, turning to meet the optimistic Radio Demon. "How could I be anything else?"

"My dear, are you absolutely adamant that you must go in the water?" He asked, and though he expertly disguised his tone to make it seem as though this were just a passing thought, but you knew the truth. He was concerned. Always watching as you waded farther and farther out into the waters. There were creatures ready to drag any unsuspecting demon down into their murky depths. 

But it was a risk you were willing to take.

"It's not a beach day without a little surfing! Besides, you're one to talk. I've never actually seen you touch the water before. You scared of it or something?" You quirked a smile, knowing that the mere insinuation of Alastor being afraid of anything was enough to damage his poor sensitive ego. And just as suspected, Alastor straightened immediately. 

"I'm most certainly not! I'd simply prefer to keep my suit from getting wet. I rather like it." He said, smoothing the fabric of his coat. You didn't bother pointing out that it was already tattered and in disrepair anyway, too eager to leave the hotel to really care. 

"That's why you bring a bathing suit, dingus!"

Charlie peeped her head out from around the corner before the Radio Demon could really form a reply to this. "The limo is here, it's time to go!"

No sooner did she say that before you zoomed out the door, practically leaving a gust of wind in your wake. The surfboards were packed in the trunk along with other related items; buckets and shovels, umbrellas for shade, towels, beach balls, etc... The limousine pulled up along the gravel and halted before an outstretch of sand, bordered by crystal blue waters tinted slightly red by the glow of crimson skies. Everyone began unloading and chattering away happily, setting up at a section of the beach where it wasn't too crowded. 

For a short while, you disappeared and Alastor, having planted himself beneath an umbrella with a book, was wondering where you'd gone off to. It wasn't long till you returned, having changed into a bathing suit he'd never seen before. It never failed to fluster him a little, as he had grown up in a time where two-piece bathing suits were not a thing. It didn't help that it was your favorite color either, which tended to bring out your eyes in the most radiant manner. He remembered you bring something of that color in from when you'd gone shopping with Mimzy, and realized the flapper's mildly flirtatious manner must've rubbed off, as you'd never gotten such a mature bathing suit before.

He wanted to say it didn't embarrass him a little... but that would be a lie

"How do I look?" You asked, flashing that smile he had grown so fond of and fumbling to pin your hair back and away from your eyes. It always became a matted mop after getting even the slightest bit wet.

Alastor chuckled, "Positively ravishing, sweetheart."

"You should join me in the water." You urged, pouting playfully. "You have magic. Can't you just 'poof' your clothes dry?"