Alastor x Reader (You used to be Mine)

Sometimes memories were the worst form of torture...

He used to hold your heart in the palm of his hand. It was his to do with what he pleased. Hold, confide, abuse... Until it wasn't. The day you stopped speaking was the day that the world began to crack and shatter around him. It was hard for him to even get you to acknowledge his presence anymore, whether he was working his usual charms or outright threatening you.

Alastor, for the first time in his existence, was at a loss. Sure, he may have been apathetic, cruel, and manipulative, but you had always forgiven that in the past! He was attempting to backtrack and find the exact moment where he screwed up. Was it the time he told you that you were worth nothing to him? Or the time he crushed the flowers you brought him and threw them in the trash before laughing amusedly?

"I... I think I love you." Even now those words, timid and hesitant, echoed in the back of his mind. But what echoed louder was his crude and indecent response.

"A horrible mistake, I'm afraid~! What? Did you think I loved you back, darling?"

At the time, your dejected and practically heartbroken expression had amused him. But when you began to withdraw from his presence entirely, it left an aching void that he simply couldn't handle. He found himself longing for your smile, the way you would laugh at his twisted sense of humor, the way you would provide a quiet listening ear for him to speak to until he ran out of words to say. That was gone now...

Alastor clutched a pillow, fingers digging until they tore through the fabric, alone in that big empty house with nothing but his thoughts. They screamed incoherently, and he trembled. Why did he feel this way? So empty and deprived of affection? He'd never cared before he met you, and yet...

"Alastor, I baked some brownies! Want any?" They offered the tray to him, hopeful as he took one and examined it. In one fell swoop, he shoved the whole thing in his mouth.

"Outstanding! I've never had something so delectable in my life." He proclaimed, raising a brow as Y/n began to giggle uncontrollably. "What?"

After finally getting their laughter under control, he felt them come and wipe a small dab of chocolate off his nose with their finger, before sticking it in their mouth. "Mmm, chocolate!"

The Radio Demon buried his face into the pillow, trying so hard to block out the intrusive memories, but they kept spilling in one after the other until they were bouncing across his mind like pinballs, each one showing him a little piece of what could have been his. He wondered, with a twisting in his gut, if there was any chance of fixing what he'd broken. As much as he wanted to make himself believe that he didn't need you, truth of the matter was that losing you was the worst mistake he ever made.

He'd approached you about it one day, inquiring why you had suddenly become so distant while trying to hide just how irked he was. Your response practically shattered his resolve.

"I want my love to go to someone who actually wants it... if you don't want it, then that's fine. But I'm not going to continue suffering for someone who doesn't care."

It was the moment it became clear that you didn't need him anymore, like he thought you did...

Something slick fell down his cheek, and he furiously wiped it away. Crying was a pathetic and weak response to this sort of circumstance... and yet, they kept falling. Black inky rivulets sliding down his face and making him look nothing short of a mess. His sobs came silently into the pillow. Had it truly taken this for him to realize how badly he wanted you? Needed you?

Tensely, he glanced over to the picture you'd both taken together. It was framed and sitting on the mantlepiece. You looked so happy... Not like when he saw you recently, head lowered and eyes clouded with unspoken pain.

Alastor sat silently in thought, before clutching his microphone with newfound determination. He forced himself to stand and made his way to the kitchen. Solemnly, he searched the cabinets for cocoa powder, sugar, flour, and other such ingredients. The recipe was still fresh in his mind from when he watched you make them the last time. He was going to pay back every ounce of love you'd showed him.

And then maybe... just maybe... he would win your love back.
___________________________________

Author's Note: Yeah, I know there's a lot of Alastor x Reader ones. x3 Sorry. Hope y'all enjoyed anyway! If you have any oneshot requests, feel free to leave them in the comments. :3